Verizon Iphone Cases have been spotted? legit or Fake?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jcloud8, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Jcloud8 macrumors member

**im sorry if you guys are tired of verizon iphone threads but keep in mind the excitment of current verizon customers that dont have the iphone on their network before you start complaining about another "verizon iphone" thread."

this is just a random story i found on google...just thought id share...i am in no way confirming or denying this information.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971194

[​IMG]

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

AT&T Doesn't have caes (iThink:confused:) so why would Verizon

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I've seen iPhone cases in AT&T stores.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If you're trying to say Case-Mate, yes...they do.

5. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

This proves absolutely nothing and there's nothing official about it.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It may not prove anything, but this site is all about the "unofficial".

7. ovechkin08 macrumors newbie

No

Proves nothing and could very easily be shopped. No way.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

9. Small White Car, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah, but there's a difference between "is this photo of an object real or not?" and "who typed the word Verizon onto that website?"

Some things deserve attention, some are just random things that mean nothing. Look, I just 'Verizon iPhone' here in my post. Now it means as much as some case designer's website.

Remember, case-makers are the people who design entire cases around rumors just in case they're correct. Doesn't it seem likely that they'd have mock-up websites as well? This means nothing.

10. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Apple (and other manufacturers) give case-design companies the specifications of the product before it's actually announced? To give them time to manufacture the cases to be released on launch day?

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm not really addressing the post, I'm addressing the comment "there's nothing official about it." AND? Whether the OP has a good rumor or not, it wouldn't be a rumor if it were official. The statement makes no sense.

Sometimes I think this forum need a sister forum for those that don't care to sift through the rumors.

12. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I don't think that is the case. I remember Steve Jobs once saying at a keynote they can't do that anymore as there will be too many leaks by case manufacturers.

Also the Verizon iPhone IF there is one, will most likely be the same model as the AT&T one, just with a CDMA chip.

13. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

This doesn't prove a thing (and I'm all for the iPhone moving to other carriers)! I won't believe a Verizon iPhone until I here it announced from either Apple or Verizon.

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I gott wonder why people like this bother reading a rumors forum?

15. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Actually yes, they do. My wife and son both bought their iPhone cases at the ATT store. I personally don't go into the AT&T store, but they were there and bought them.
    Son got the Otter Box, wife got something "cute" case and also skull candy headphones.

16. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Gotta wonder why people respond like this. It's called having an opinion and cases that some company decides to make doesn't prove anything. The case manufacturer could be taking a risk here hoping to capitalize on a Verizon iPhone. "My Opinion" is that this isn't concrete evidence and believe me I want to see a Verizon or multiple USA carrier iPhone.

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yep. Anything by a case manufacturer is also a guess. HOWEVER, they're correct more often because (unlike us) they're often in the position to bribe factory workers into stealing parts for them.

So...yeah, they're accurate more often than our guesses are. But they're also dealing with tips, rumors, and other "facts" that are prone to change at any minute without warning. Even if they get accurate information that doesn't mean it's Apple's final plan.

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Let me be clear, the portion of your statement I was referring to was not an opinion of the case issue.

This is not an opinion. It's a statement saying that despite what rumors you read, you will not believe until it's officially announced. Then why bother reading a rumor forum? Seems like a waste of time to me.

19. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

posted this at hofo too

as much as i HATE the thought of verizon getting it (no offense. its mainly cause of the people who slammed the phone saying it sucked just cause it wasn't on there network. its ironic cause the people who said it sucked are probably gonna be the people waiting for it) all the signs POINT to them finally getting it. verizon buying up websites, verizon iphone 4 cases, etc etc. who would spend their precious time creating fakes pages to get people excited? seems stupid.

iduno, maybe im finally buying into the repeated threads but it seems as if verizon's time is here. can you imagine how many people will have the iphone if it hits verizon? it'll be 1 in every 2 people. sike i kid but still, you'll be seeing a lot more frequently!

edit.
    im blown more at the fact that verizon gets the iphone while att never got the storm. wtf. thats BS rim. yeah, even though the storm wasn't that good i always wanted it on ATT with 3G.

20. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

this is probably the weakest suggested indication of a Verizon iPhone...T Mobile also sells iPhone accessories as does Sprint, Target, Walmart, and best buy....

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I swear, people will grasp at anything to try and prove a Verizon iPhone is coming.

22. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Maybe so... but I think most are saying that the iphone sucked on the carrier AT&T. I love the iphone and will get it as soon as it/if releases on Verizon network. I could easily switch carriers to AT&T but their service and reception in my area sucks.

23. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm also not sure how your excitement about a possible event overshadows the fact that there are hundreds of these threads in existence. Or are you saying that your excitement level supersedes everyone elses, and therefore you deserve your own thread to bring nothing new to the discussion?

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Hundreds? Really? Have you counted? How far back are you going?

Did you count the number of "Am I eligible for an upgrade?" threads during the realse of the iPhone4, 3Gs, 3G?

25. Interstella5555, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

530 threads have "Verizon" in the title, almost half of them in the last 12 months, so no, I don't think "hundreds" is that much of an exaggeration. Also that's titled verizon threads, that jumps to almost 1000 (sorry, that's actually 95K threads, 1000+ pages if you go into the discussions as well). Are 500-100K threads on a verizon phone necessary? How about all the ones that are from a friend of a friend of a friends mom who you used to sleep with confirming a verizon phone? Seriously, all the people who couldn't figure out that their phone only had one speaker got their own sticky, what about these poor verizon bastards?

It's also pretty ironic that you have this as your sig

Before making a new post, is it possible someone has already posted on the subject? Please search first., which was actually pretty helpful in getting those numbers.