Verizon iPhone Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OptyCT, Feb 3, 2011.

1. OptyCT macrumors 6502

What are you guys going with? It's my understanding that AT&T iPhone 4 cases won't work on the Verizon iPhone because of the different side button configuration. Is this accurate?

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

There are some cases that I believe would fit both because they have a larger cut out for the volume buttons. I have an ATT iPhone 4 and Im using a hurley snap on case. I like it because it isnt too big like the otterbox and those kinds of cases.

3. OptyCT thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually just checked some of the casemakers and it looks like Verizon iPhone cases are popping up on their websites. I checked Speck, Hard Candy, Case-Mate, etc. and they all listed cases specifically designed for the Verizon iPhone.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

You'll be pretty limited as far as what cases you'll be able to use. Some of the AT&T cases will work provided they have the large slot cutout for the volume/mute switches. You should probably take a look at Case-Mates site since they have VZ iPhone compatible cases ready to go (or close to being ready).

5. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Judging by the comparison photos, it doesn't look like the buttons have moved much at all. Do you guys think the Otterbox Defender will still fit the Verizon iPhone?

6. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Anyone know if the Otterbox Defender that was made for ATT will fit the Verizon iPhone?

7. zenio macrumors 6502

In an effort to save face and make up for it's blunder earlier, Apple has put an all new antenna on this one.

I'm happy because now I won't have to use a case.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Funny, I've never used a case on any of my iPhones and have never had any problems on AT&T. But hey, if you want to try and get people hysterical again over a non issue, that's great. Enjoy your improved reception while being unable to look up anything online while on a call.

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Well, actually making a call in a major market is indeed an improvement isn't it?

10. robo74 macrumors 6502

I believe the OP asked about the case, and then someone made a statement about the design of the iPhone. Then you turn it into a AT&T vs. Verizon thing.
    LOL...are all AT&T users 12 years old?

11. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

A little angry about it are ya?

12. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

No but they are working on one now. Check their website

13. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Any case that has the side with the mute switch cut all the way open WILL WORK. They only moved down the mute switch a milimieter or two. I went with the sgp neo hybrid ex bumper. I have put it side by side with apples new universal bumper and it looks good the mute slot is way larger than the original design so I am betting it will fit. Even on the site it says apple iphone 4. Will see. If it dosent fit I can always shave the hole slightly with my dremel. Obv. the switch will be located towards the botttom of the opening but i dont care about that I just want bumper protection before I leave the house with it also picked up the agf screen shield and some icarbons carbon print. Can't wait to set it up!! Im stoked:D

14. kicko macrumors 65816

i wanted to order that sgp neo bumper too but i couldnt get anyone to confirm if the vibrate cut out was larger then usual. In my experience manufactures made them a little bigger .. not for the switch itself but for easier access. Let me know how it fits.

15. kicko, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

kicko macrumors 65816

16. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

no problem I will post photos once i get the iphone 4. A sgp rep said they cannot guarantee fit but honestly I put I went to the apple store and lined it up next to that new universal bumper apple has and it looks very similar if not identical you can see how long the opening is it would put the mute switch closer to the edge but for now I would rather have some protection then none. SGP said they will have certain cases and bumpers manufactured for verizon by mid march but that is just what the rep said so for now I am taking my chance with the fit. I also got the white icarbon skin so I am excited to get the phone and start setting it up. I will post pics when it arrives!

17. 2056 macrumors 6502

i bought a black&blue AGF Beetle case from At&t. It's got a large cut out for the side buttons so I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit. If not, it was only 4 dollars, shipping included.

This should work til I find one I really like. I'm leaning towards Speck/Incase. We'll see.