Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I'm having a hard time finding a nice case for my Verizon iPhone 4. Everything I look at is either for the AT&T one, or it "fits" but doesn't line up with the mute button correctly, and that really bothers me. I know they have some cases with the open side for the buttons, but I would prefer something that had the buttons covered. I've tried an Incase Slider and I did not like it. I'm looking for something similar to a bumper, or a full body case that offers a lip on the front so that the screen won't get damaged if it is put face down on a table. I'm weary of ordering online unless I can confirm that it fits the Verizon iPhone. Seems most of the stuff on eBay that says it will fit doesn't. So I'm just looking for some suggestions on cases that will DEFINITELY fit the Verizon phone. Pictures would be a plus!

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I'm especially wondering if the Switcheasy Trim fits the iPhone 4 for Verizon. Anybody have it with pictures of the mute switch? I'm wondering if it really fits, or just "fits", like the Speck cases.

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I'm especially wondering if the Switcheasy Trim fits the iPhone 4 for Verizon. Anybody have it with pictures of the mute switch? I'm wondering if it really fits, or just "fits", like the Speck cases.

It fits perfectly. My sister has it. Its probably my second favorite case after my CapsuleRebel. If you still feel like you need pics, I'll see if I can snap a few today.

I would recommend the above mentioned Switcheasy cases. I'm debating getting another Rebel in a diff color or a Trim of my own.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/TRIM/TRIM.php

I would recommend ordering directly from them rather than ebay or amazon. The Amazon ones seem to be back stock from the original at&t only cases. And there are a lot of knock offs on ebay that seem to be made of inferior quality materials. If you have any other questions about the Trim, feel free to ask.

Centient

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009

I'm rockin' one right now. Fits perfectly. Everything lines up well.

I've got the black case on a white iPhone and like the looks of it. The areas between the ridges do collect some dust, but nothing too unsightly.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
If either of you guys wouldn't mind snapping some pictures that would be great! I was in a store by me yesterday that sells a HUGE assortment of iPhone cases and I tried both the CapsuleRebel and the Trim (which I both like a lot), both of which must have been old stock because the fit was horrible. So that's why I'm a little hesitant to place an order. Both of you are using Verizon phones, right?

Centient

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
If either of you guys wouldn't mind snapping some pictures that would be great! I was in a store by me yesterday that sells a HUGE assortment of iPhone cases and I tried both the CapsuleRebel and the Trim (which I both like a lot), both of which must have been old stock because the fit was horrible. So that's why I'm a little hesitant to place an order. Both of you are using Verizon phones, right?

I'll try to remember to snap a couple of pics when I get home tonight.

I believe the 'universal' Trim was only released in May or June. Alot of the stock I saw online was obviously for the AT&T only model. I ended up buying directly from Switcheasy because of this.

Last edited:

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
Something I really like about SGP is that they make slightly different cases for Verizon and AT&T. All their Verizon cases have CDMA listed on them. It fits perfectly, and there's no awkward gaps anywhere. Check it out on the link below. The only crappy part is that they haven't released the Verizon CDMA cases for the new models yet. But there's still a pretty good sized selection.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/verizon-iphone-4.html

Phillies

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Something I really like about SGP is that they make slightly different cases for Verizon and AT&T. All their Verizon cases have CDMA listed on them. It fits perfectly, and there's no awkward gaps anywhere. Check it out on the link below. The only crappy part is that they haven't released the Verizon CDMA cases for the new models yet. But there's still a pretty good sized selection.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/verizon-iphone-4.html

I just tried using this: http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...rizon-iphone-4-case-neo-hybrid-ex-series.html

but it turns out the plug for headphones isn't big enough for my Verizon iphone. The rest of the case is really nice though.

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Yes its a a VZW iP4.

K, so you can zoom in by clicking on them. Sorry about the quality, these were taken on my own iP4. So as you can see, its not perfectly centered, but the switch doesn't make contact with the case's edge. I find it to be a comfortable fit when handling the switch. Note that because of the differences in the AT&T and VZW phones, you wont get a perfectly centered cut out when using a universal case. Either way, I didn't even notice the difference until I looked it for you.

In case you're wondering, the Rebel (which is what I use on mine) has the same fit around the switch. The company in all likelihood uses the same measurements when designing these cutouts.

I realize this may be hard to tell from these angles on the white phone, but the included screen protectors don't get bubbled by the cases. I don't have experience with screen protectors from other brands, so I wouldn't be able to comment. The fit is snug though, so you would want to center the sp as best as possible on the phone.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 87
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Glad I could help. In case you're wondering, the bumper portion of the case is not silicon. Its a tougher soft polymer that feels like a smooth hard rubber almost. Its quite good at absorbing impacts while maintaing shape and staying tight on the phone. I wouldn't call it a lint magnet, but dust will collect in the ridges over time. Thankfully this is easily wiped off since the material doesn't seem to be too porous. I know I'm going on about the materials, but its really one of the main reasons why I like Switcheasy. I also considered the red Trim but I was concerned that the transparent red back piece would look pink on a white phone. I hope I'm wrong. I am considering picking up a white one at some point.

Centient

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
Yes its a a VZW iP4...

Beat me to the pics. I think your pics just about cover it so I won't bother posting mine.

Like gokart has said, good fit, pliable, but sturdy materials. I've had this case for a couple of weeks now and am very satisfied.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Thanks guys. I tried the case in the store, but it was the old AT&T style, which is why I asked for some pics. Didn't think about the red looking pink. Hopefully that's not the case. I really do like the material though. I tried the Capsule Rebel, but the one I put on the phone had a little bit of sag at the bottom above the dock connector, which is what tipped the scale towards the Trim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.