Verizon iPhone Contact Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billb660, Jan 30, 2011.

1. billb660 macrumors newbie

I noticed in the Verizon iPhone FAQ section how to transfer contacts from an existing phone to the iPhone. Basically you use Verizon's My Backup. From having multiple Android phones I'm familiar with that process. My question is about restoring on the iPhone. Will there be a Verizon Backup App available in iTunes for restoring the data, or will iTunes just automatically recognize my account and transfer during activation?

2. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

coming from another phone, initially verizon has to transfer your contacts. Once your iphone syncs with itunes, iTunes handles it for you

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

A faster solution would be to use Google. You mentioned you're using an Android - just sync up to your Google account and then download on to your iPhone.

4. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

I used Verizon's backup assistant...it's free to use and will back up all of your contacts. That is what the Verizon iPhone "Getting Ready" section suggested. I'm sure Google is another good way to go...but I wouldn't think that Verizon would suggest to use the Backup Assistant if you couldn't download the contacts once you get the phone.