Verizon iPhone crazyiness!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickmccally, Feb 15, 2011.

1. nickmccally macrumors member

My first iPhone came and all was good. Then I noticed there was a problem with the antenna and it was basically bad. AppleCare tried to solve it, couldn't. Then it started making a weird noise when connected to wifi and on a call. It was extremely high pitch and very distracting (others have reported this issue).

The genius finds this issue a hardware issue, replaces the unit. New phone, no issues. I thought my eyes were going crazy, but the new unit had scan lines horizontally really really bad. It drove me nuts. I tried living with it, then made my drive back an hour to the Apple store. The first genius claimed nothing was wrong, so he went to someone higher up.. (senior advisor) and in front of me, the other tech said "You don't see that? It looks all pixelated, it needs to be replaced." Then offered me a free case because she said this is ridiculous they've all had issues.

So today I'm extremely happy and the new one is PERFECT. At night I turn my phone on vibrate... I get a call. The vibrator is loose and shaking and making a clacking noise unlike the last two. If I hold the band tight it stops and makes the normal vibration.

This last issue is livable, but this is getting on my nerves. My $700 device should be PERFECT. I'm tempted to buy the special screw driver on ebay to open it up and tighten the vibrator screw. I think that is the issue.

I've replaced several iPhone 3G & 3GS cracked screens for friends so I know my way around a tiny bit.

In any case, this is really ANNOYING!

2. gto1988 macrumors newbie

I honestly would not stand for any flaw if it is in your first 30 days, the phone is too expensive for even a small problem to exist. Take it back to apple again and let them deal with it.

3. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I honestly just think you're very unlucky - I haven't heard of that many issues in a row before.

But I would absolutely advise against opening the phone. Doing so may void the warranty, and they may not fix it if you seriously mess it up. It makes more sense just to have the professionals do it for free than pay money for the screw driver kit, then risk messing it up yourself and possibly voiding the warranty.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Got mine on the 7th... not a single issue. Did I mention I dropped it 3 times already yet no issues or damage :)

5. Jack105 macrumors member

Wow 3 times already?! Someone should take the phone away from you. :D

6. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

wheres the QC department at apple, I want to apply;)

7. Sysyphus macrumors newbie

What are your lottery numbers? ;)

8. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

You know I haven't even dropped one yet. This is beyond crazy.

Hopefully I get a good AppleCare advisor today, I've purchased an iPod shuffle, 4 iPod touches, 2 iPhone 3gs, this iPhone 4, MacBook air, MacBook pro and various other small apple products.

Quality control needs to be better on these devices.

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

China. Good luck and God speed. Do you like rice, fish, dog?

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I went through 4 or 5 2Gs, it sucks, but sometimes you just get unlucky with tech. I agree with you though, something you buy new you should be immediately happy with, not trouble shooting.

11. Rodvette macrumors regular

I dropped mine today in the morning when I was leaving for school. I left it on the table in the family room while I was brushing my teeth. I was about walk out the door so I went to get my iphone as I picked it up the wired headset that it came with got tangled on one of the ornaments as I pulled it towards me while I looked away. The headset came off from the jack while at the same time I lost grip of my phone, and thats when my heart dropped lol. Phone hit the wooden floor (I knew we should have carpet ^_^) but there was no damage after I inspected it. luckily it had a cover so phew....but yeah this is the first major fall it took (4 ft drop) the other spill it had was a minor 1 ft drop :)

12. Jack105 macrumors member

^ Is it weird that this whole scenario you just laid out I played back in my head in slow motion and with music?

13. threezero macrumors 6502

Totally uncalled for. Apples qc is fine. There will ALWAYS be a small percentage of bad products that slips through qc. Not to mention It's usually the unlucky ones or anal rententive ones that post on brand specific forums complain. Op was just unlucky.

Beside not many company will replace minor faulty units no questions ask hassle free like apple. Try getting samsung to exchange dead pixel galaxy s.