Verizon iPhone email question. Please Help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aviboy97, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Aviboy97 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I am a new iPhone owner on Verizon. I'm getting annoyed with the email settings.

To start, I have my gmail account synced with my iPhone. I have the email setting set to upload the 25 most recent messages. What I really want it for the phone to only send me new messages, not ones I received days, or even months ago.

When I go and delete messages, the phone will automatically retreive older messages to fill the 25 message quota.

My quesion...is there a way to prevent this? On my BlackBerry, I could delete all messages from the phone, and a special icon would pop up when I received a new message and would go away when I read that message. The iPhone does not seem to do that, unless I am missing something. I look at my homepage, and see a "25" on the email icon....rather annoying....

Any ideas??

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Move messages from the Inbox to a different folder in your GMail account.

3. Aviboy97 thread starter macrumors regular

How about if I archive all my messages....I have something like 5,000 emails in that account...will that work?

4. Aviboy97 thread starter macrumors regular

That worked.....thanks for the help