Verizon iPhone full bars 3g - no data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbro1999, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jbro1999 macrumors regular

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was hoping someone could help me out.

My work is in a dead zone. All the cell services data are VERY slow if it even works at all. I had AT&T and it would drop call like no tomorrow. But also would Verizon. Well last week Verizon installed a booster on our building. Now everyone with Verizon was getting full signal 3g/4g. Awesome! So I was jealous and I switched. (My AT&T contract was up so I signed up with Verizon month to month til iP5). Well it worked great on Monday but Tuesday while I was listening to Pandora the data cut out. I can still make phone calls and text messages (no imessages) fine. Well I reset my phone and called Verzions *228 to get it updated and it did nothing. I asked other co workers and I found one other person with the same problem. He also has a iPhone 4. But everyone else with iPhones, Androids, Blackberries all work fine. It's just the 2 of us who can get data at all.

I talked to the network guys at work and they told me its Verizon's problem. I called Verizon and they were no help. Any idea what I should do?! I should have just stayed on AT&T, at least I would get data sometimes.

----------

Oh, and as soon as I leave my building it works fine. It has to be something with the booster.

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

After trying *228 option 2, Try Resetting your Network Settings.

General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Make sure you know your WiFi password if applicable because it will be erased.

3. jbro1999 thread starter macrumors regular

I did try both of those.. And I did forget my home wifi password but found it finally last night lol

Update - Well good news, I got back from lunch and it started working again along with the other 2 who couldn't connect.

Just weird why it stopped for 3 full days.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Weird, maybe the booster is having an issue with a larger volume of phones for whatever reason. Glad to hear everything is working.

5. Iphull macrumors member

Thank you for your "reset network settings" suggestion. My iPhone's 3G wasn't working, but it worked smoothly on wifi and mifi (both, of which I located the passwords before resetting).

After the iPhone turned back on, 3G worked like a charm.

This post saved a lot of Verizon bashing and "Quit starting unnecessary new threads!! Do a search, Moron!!" or "RTFM!" replies.