Verizon Iphone Have Better Notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harleymhs, Feb 12, 2011.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Just wondering if the Verizon Iphone have better notifications than the att ? ( voice mail, email , text message alerts like all their other phones ? Im prettty sure its the IPHONE itself but before I jump ship to Verizon I would like to confirm this, otherwise I stay where I am for now... Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its the same OS so the notification will be the same.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

^^^
    Correct, it is the same iOS and same notification system

Notifications are one of the main requests for updates to the iOS, so hopefully there will be some changes coming soon

Until then, there are some apps that help
    Or jailbreaking

4. patp Guest

that would be my biggest complaint is the lack of an LED or some other notification. Being a former Blackberry and Android user, it was nice having the blinking LED to let you know you have new mail.

But I have to say the form factor and the iOS really makes for anice smart phone experience.

5. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Me too being a former blackberry/android owner before my Verizon iPhone did notice that this has no notification LED light that indicates new messages, but that is something that I've grown to not care about. SMS is also set to remind you twice if you don't read it.

6. patp Guest

The lack of led notification may lead me to spend less time worrying about work, so maybe not entirely bad!

7. nStyle macrumors 6502a

I agree... I didn't really think about the notification system when changing from Android to iOS for my everyday phone.

I will say that Android DEFINITELY has the best notification system. Apple's is just a very elementary pop up message with a limited number of on-screen notifications from a limited number of apps.

That said, the overall experience on the iPhone makes up for the few details clearly lacking.

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i never understand why people keep asking if the phone will be different just cause of carriers. It is obvious that carriers only effect the carrier part of the phone.... we never heard European countries or canada talk about this...

9. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

FYI, you can set how many times you are notified with an SMS, 1x, 2x, etc.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

My advice to you is for you to make the switch and enjoy Verizon's network

11. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Maybe because the software versions are different. Verizon is version 4.2.6 and AT&T is 4.2.1.

12. flyingturtle macrumors regular

I've been recommended to try Boxcar as it improves the notification system and it's free.

I'll give it to to give me gmail, facebook, twitter notifications. you can even filter which emails that will get filtered to you.

One also interesting note is that I just read that Apple wants to improve the iOS notification system, and they may buy some existing company, specialized in push notifications, to help them with this.

Interestingly, it may even be the makers of Boxcar, as some news places speculate, that may be involved with Apple's in-house new notification system.

13. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

With Verizon you'll get your notifications right away. With AT&T you'll get them the next day especially texts.