Verizon iPhone method of payment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimcoleman1, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jimcoleman1 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Verizon will allow you to be billed for the new iPhone, or will you be required to pay on the spot via credit card?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you order direct most likely on the spot. However I buy my phones at Best Buy with a no interest credit card for 18 months because it's considered a purchase.

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

AT&T doesn't... don't know, but unlikely Verizon would allow it.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Whenever I've upgraded on VZW, it's always just been added to my next phone bill.

IIRC, there might be a "Pay Now" (or "Pay Later" ?) checkbox where you can choose.

You can always go check it out. Do a practice upgrade on your line now to some other phone; just don't hit the final commit button :)

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you get device from Best Buy you don't have to pay upfront.

6. Gordon Gekko macrumors regular

I believe that you will have to pay on the spot. It may be better for you to order off of their website instead of going into the store.

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

You have to use their credit card (the Best Buy credit card), right?

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That would....not be a good idea.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

You have to pay for TH phone when you get it so upfront. The data plan cost comes in your monthly bill.

10. agarcia34 macrumors member

Hopefully you can't use the bill it to my account.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Again, my experience has been that...

Yes, you can normally charge an upgrade phone to your next phone bill.

Here's the same answer on a VZW forum.

However, I suppose if you have bad credit or don't pay your phone bill on time, that you can't.

12. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Any time I get a new phone, Verizon just adds it to the next bill. You shouldn't have to pay for it up front. I don't see why the iPhone would be any different.

13. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

The same question is posted on another verizon forum about this and for some reason they also believe that Verizon will let you bill it later. Well they won't. I have already called Verizon and asked the same question. I had a feeling they would not let us, and I was right. The rep I spoke to said the ordering for this phone would be different and that you had to pay up front with credit card or debit card. I did get the Droid X and they billed it to me, but this one will be different.

If you don't believe it, then just wait and see. Of course this just applies to preorders, not the 10th. I've heard on that day you can choose to have it billed to you, but I want to order on the 3rd. I'm too impatient!

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

Your post makes some sense but let's not forget that the rep's aren't 100% reliable. We'll see when the time comes. I'd recommend getting the iPhone on the 10th... you'll help increase my chance of getting it on the 3rd :)

15. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Why not call Verizon? :rolleyes:

16. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't understand why people want to get the phone and put it in the bill. What difference does it make whether you pay it now or in 30 days? Makes no difference at all in 30 days. Your bill will be due 30 days in max, so might as well as pay for it now and not worry about it.

About the iphone 4, Verizon probably won't allow it because this device is going to sell very well.

17. Jimcoleman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I just called Verizon and the rep did not know the answer and had to research it. She got back to me and said it will need to be paid for on the spot.

18. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

a lot of ppl live month to month so this is probably why they want to use that option...just my guess.

19. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I'm glad that they'll be allowing payment via debit card, because for some reason I thought that the payment went straight on the bill. I'd much rather pay for it up front than have to deal with it later.