Verizon Iphone not to be shipped till 10th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneIA, Feb 4, 2011.

1. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I am one of the many that ordered my Iphone early on the 3rd. I have been anxiously waiting my shipping confirmation email but to no avail. I decided to call VZW Customer Service and just ask about it. They told me that my confirmation email was correct and that it will be shipped on the 10th. The VZW automated message says processed and shipped but the real people told me it was "pending shipment". A few people who live in the same area as me and ordered after me have gotten their shipping email. Wondered if this has happened to anybody else? I guess I just really want my Iphone to get here. This could be the longest week ever.

2. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Put it this way.. my confirmation email said that Iw ould get the phone by the 10th.. then I got a shipped notification email with my tracking number..

Since you never got your confirmation email ( probably got lost in junkmail filter who knows ) its not likely that you will get the shipped email either. So your phone is probably already shipped and has a tracking number assigned to it but you just don't have that information.

Again either your email is filtering this message thinking it is junk mail or something is wrong with your email between vzw and you.

VZW customer service will not know your specific shipping date, they only know what the general shipping date is which is the 10th.

3. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I would take every single thing you hear from a VZW rep with a grain of salt. They are giving you the date of the 10th to cover their asses so that you won't be able to complain if it doesn't arrive by an earlier date. I can guarantee you'll be receiving yours before then.

4. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Most smart business's add a buffer of a few days when committing to a delivery date incase there are some issues with weather, congestion, etc. etc.

5. prenn macrumors newbie

i too haven't recieved a shipping confirmation yet but just logged into my verizon acct. and it has this message on my order
    "This order is for a product not currently available in our warehouses. When we receive the inventory, we will process payment and ship it immediately. You will receive notification when this occurs."
    anyone else seen this?

6. iphoneIA thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot to all of you. You are making me feel better. I was just hoping a didn't screw something up. This will make my wife feel way better then me. Nothing like have a wife who is not getting her Iphone on time.;)