Verizon iPhone on ATT users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thegap77, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Thegap77 macrumors member

Any complaints or issues? Anyone just go back to an actual Att phone?

2. phositadc macrumors 6502

No complaints. Works perfectly as you would expect.

3. Thegap77 thread starter macrumors member

That's great! I did it with my 5 but only had 3g on steroids but never lte speeds

4. SWMichael macrumors newbie

My AT&T SIM worked fine in a Verizon phone, LTE was even active in coverage areas.

5. Thegap77 thread starter macrumors member

6. SeattlesFinest macrumors member

The Vzw phone is better imo as its got all the cellular bands - ie: a true world phone.. whereas the att/tmob does not.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Are you sure this is true? Because according to http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

AT&T/T-Mobile and Verizon all uses the Model A1549/A1522. Am I missing something here?

8. jfyrfytr25, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

No, you're right. The person before you is wrong. An example of spouting old info as fact. In previous year the cdma bands were disabled in att phones. That changed with the iPhone 6.

9. Thegap77 thread starter macrumors member

I'm more at ease now. I'm sitting on a Verizon phone which I need to use on ATT. But I just wasn't sure. I just had to buy a plus since it was in Stock

10. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

youll be fine

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Verizon 5c and 5s worked perfectly on AT&T and T-Mobile, they were the same hardware. My wife has been using her Verizon 5s on AT&T since March of this year. From what I've read, the 6 and 6 plus are the same situation.

12. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Nah, the Sprint version is the true world phone with 20 LTE bands. The ATT/TMO/VZW only have 16 LTE bands (basically no TDD LTE). Much good that will do given it's highly unlikely Sprint will unlock the 6/6 Plus. :rolleyes:

13. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

To be clear, an ATT 6 plus will work with a Verizon sim? It will actually say Verizon across the top and function exactly the same?

14. Thegap77 thread starter macrumors member

From what I read no. Because Att doesn't have CDMA capabilities?

15. AriGold macrumors member

According to that, The best phone for me would be the A1586 as I would like to use it on vodafone UK when im back there over the winter. But for Use on AT&T when I am in the US. WHich one is that?

Read so many different things on the different models and which phone is best to get, I just don't know any more. :(

16. terraphantm macrumors 68040

It will work. The only thing that might be iffy is whether or not Verizon actually recognizes the device (which has an impact on whether or not they would activate a new line of service). They recognize my AT&T 6, but others don't seem to be officially recognized. Maybe they're slowly adding more to their database or something

----------

It should be fine on Vodafone UK; I don't believe the UK has any TDD LTE bands deployed. For reasons I don't understand, Apple didn't use one model worldwide when they could have