verizon iphone on sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tritron, Nov 19, 2014.

1. tritron macrumors regular

I wonder if anyone had tried to use verizon iphone on sprint. I guess hardware must be diffrent to support 2600 mhz but maybe all it is in software.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

In the past, the issue when using any other carriers phone on Sprint and Verizon is that for the CDMA part (which is used for non-VoLTE voice calls, and non-LTE data), the unique ESN number from that phone must be registered in their systems.

Both of them have a "policy" of not inputing "foreign" ESNs into their systems. (i.e. an ESN from a phone that came from another carrier)

So while the guts of a Verizon phone may be identical to a Sprint phone (and vice-versa), the "policy" usually stops people from doing that.

Lately, I've seen threads on here where you can pop an already activated Verizon SIM card into a phone that came from another carrier, and it will work, but I haven't seen where anyone's been able to actually properly activate a phone that came from another carrier.

3. tritron thread starter macrumors regular

I used my 64gb tmobile on verizon and it was recognized and cdma worked just fine.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Neither of which are Sprint…which makes that statement irrelevant and not what you were asking about in the title of this thread.

See post #2.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's totally different and has nothing to do with the op question.
    Answer is no. You cannot use a Verizon iPhone on Sprint.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Are we sure that's the case? For instance, if I were to put an already activated Sprint SIM into a Verizon or unlocked T-Mobile/AT&T iPhone 6, would it be able to make calls and send/receive data on Sprint's CDMA network, since the phones support Sprint's CDMA bands?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Look at the the thread title and first post. It has nothing to do with what you're posting.
    He wants to use a verizon iphone on Sprint. You are talking about using a Sprint sim in other iphones. Completely different and unrelated.
    What he's asking will not work.
    You or anyone can test it to see how far you get. You dont have to listen to anyone.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

If you put a Sprint SIM into a Verizon iPhone and it works, then that is the same as "using a Verizon iPhone on Sprint." It might not work as well since it doesn't support Sprint's LTE bands, but that is no different from using a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T or T-Mobile.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, its not even close to being the same thing.
    It's exactly the opposite.
    Are you even reading what you post?

10. KPOM macrumors G5

:confused: The OP wants to use a Verizon iPhone on Sprint. To do that, he'd be inserting a Sprint SIM into a Verizon phone. That's exactly the scenario I was asking about.

11. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

NO. lol. It won't work. Sprint is real tighted assed about what phones are allowed on their network, how they lock their phones and when they unlock them. ESN has to be white listed and it won't. Besides the Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile version doesn't support Band 41 LTE which is Sprints primary capacity/speed asset when it comes to their LTE....even if it were to work it wouldn't be worth it.