Verizon iPhone pre order allotment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iusername20, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Iusername20 macrumors regular

Do you guys think I will be able to pre order on februrary 4th? This is because I'm not paid until them. What do you guys think the allotment will be for pre orders? Thanks

2. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

If enough people pre-order it, you won't be able to. We can't really predict these things, but judging by what people are saying, you won't be able to.

3. black743 macrumors 6502

Well they're saying credit card orders only, so why would it matter if you got paid the next day? The bill wouldn't come until later.

4. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

Well Its actually my fathers account and the bill won't be paid until the fourth and I'm buying the phone with my debit card. So vzw won't let me buy the phone until the bill is paid on the fourth

5. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Though I could be wrong, I'd be very surprised if pre-orders are still being taken on the 4th.

6. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

you really think so? How many do you think they have? You think they can do 1million in a day?

7. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Look at it this way: when the iPhone 4 launched to pre-orders in a few countries, they sold 600,000 and stopped taking pre-orders. I doubt Verizon is going to have anywhere near one million units for pre-orders. Apple sold three million iPhone 4's in three weeks, and that was in five countries. I'm sure the CDMA variant isn't very high in numbers right now. After a month or two yes, but not now.

8. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Where do you see "credit cards only"? That's the first I've heard of this. It doesn't even say that in the e-mail I received from them today. All other phones, I am able to just add it to my Verizon bill. I plan on doing that, then paying with Verizon gift cards.

9. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

So are you saying we should be good if we have to wait an extra day to pre order?

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I, at least, am not clear on your situation.

We get that you don't get paid until Feb 4. But that shouldn't matter if you're just getting the phone as an upgrade on your father's line. Or do you plan to buy it outright?

Either way, can we assume your father has a VZW contract now? Are you on a second line or what? If so, as others have pointed out, the bill gets paid when it comes, not that day.

You need to help us out with as much info as possible. We cannot read your mind or situation remotely. Thanks!

11. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

The reason I have to wait until the fourth is because we won't be able to pay the amount that is due on the account until the fourth. They won't let you pre order.

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Oh. Are you saying that his account is overdue?

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

As amazing as it is to people, some don't like to float purchases on their CC, especially if they're letting someone else use it.

14. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea pretty much I'm looking for reassurance from you guys that preorders will still be happening on the fourth. :)

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

Yup... But can't help you. It's a huge scale to predict on and I'm sure what I say won't be accurate. Your best bet is to follow tech blogs on the 3rd as they would update as soon as vzw stops taking orders.

16. landscapeman macrumors regular

As long as the account is not "Overdue" you can upgrade.

17. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Ya this. They bill a month in advance for each so you are not in any bad standing unless you pass the payment date. Leaving Verizon with money still owed will get your phone's ESN blacklisted so it is unusable on Verizon, but having a normal monthly bill is not an issue in the slightest.

18. saberahul macrumors 68040

I would recommend everyone to upgrade on the 4th... you not only get sleep but a better timing and another day to think over it. Plus, by not upgrading on the 3rd you'd be doing me a huge favor by increasing my chance of getting it :)

19. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

From what I've heard on another thread the iPhone will be an exception and you will not be able to add it to your bill. And if you have gift cards why not just use them to pay for it upfront?