Verizon iPhone pre-sale - anyone purchase on Apple's website?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgfernandez, Feb 4, 2011.

1. sgfernandez macrumors member

Hey guys, I am a new member to the forum, and was one of the people to buy my iPhone for Verizon at the beginning of the pre-sale last night. I noticed that the vast majority of Verizon iPhone buyers purchased via the VZW website.. However, since I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price, I had to pay full retail, and buying on Apple's website was $50 cheaper so I decided to purchase it there. My order still says "Prepared for Shipment", and from what I understand it typically takes a couple days to change to Shipped.. but is there any word if whether or not iPhones purchased on Verizon's website will arrive sooner? So many who bought on VZW's website already have tracking numbers for their orders however I haven't read much from people who bought on Apple's site... if anyone has anymore info, or if there is anyone else who also bought their iPhone on Apple's website please let me know! Thank you!

2. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

I ended up buying mine on Apple's site because once I got through My VZW page, my address (that they have been sending bills to for years) all of a sudden wasn't 'valid' for shipping this phone. It isn't an apartment or a PO Box and when I couldn't make it work, I went with Apple's site and was "checked out" in 2 minutes. Mine also still says 'prepared for shipment' and 'arrives on or around the 10th'.

Here's to hoping they send them out soon! I got my iPad a week before they said I would...I'd be happy with Tuesday or Wednesday!

3. cracker macrumors newbie

I ordered through Apple as well. Verizon's site was being a little spotty for me. Mine still says prepared for shipment as well, but I also ordered around 11am yesterday. But when I've ordered computers through them online, they've generally already been shipped before I've got confirmation that they have. Albeit its 8:15am for me right now, and my card charge is still pending, so we'll see. I've already had my phone two and a half years, waiting one more week with it isn't going to break my heart.

4. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I purchased through the Apple website at 4am on February 3rd. Mine still says "prepared for shipment".

I also ordered a car charger, that is marked as "shipped". It links to a Fed Ex site and the car charger should be delivered today, as it says "on truck for delivery".

Seems that the iPhones themselves are being held at a facility.

5. Remmnever macrumors member

I ordered mine through apple at 5:30am yesterday. My payment went through already and its still at prepared for shipment.

It would be nice to have it early but honestly as long as it is here by the 10th I will be happy. I work all week so there was no way I could pick it up in stores launch day anyway.

6. skiier312 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine through apple at 3:20 am est. The Verizon store wasn't loading for me. The payment hasn't come out of my bank account, but it looks like there is a hold on the account for the total. It still shows as "Prepared for shipment" for me too.

7. jwiggs23 macrumors member

I ordered at 2:08 am central time, and my credit card has been charged, but the shipping status is still at prepared for shipment

8. sgfernandez thread starter macrumors member

I hope this is the case! Some of the people who purchased with Verizon might be getting theirs TODAY! So unfair! Perhaps the retail price of the iPhone is more expensive on Verizon's site to cover the "next day shipping"?

9. skiier312 macrumors newbie

Found this on another forum here:

10. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

I'd be shocked if anyone got them today. I just hope that Apple is able to ship today, like all of those VZ orders, so we can all have them in our hands Monday. If status is still "Prepared for Shipment" come Saturday, I'll be very disappointed.

11. starlight0229, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

starlight0229 macrumors member

Me too. I really don't think we should be punished for going straight to the source. I'm going crazy waiting for the status of my orders to change to shipped.

12. dizmonk macrumors regular

I'm with you on that.

13. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

In the same boat, I originally was going to place my order through Verizon but got a error at the payment screen so I just went over to apple.com to order (will get 5% cashback from discovercard also). I ordered two, one at 12:15PST and one at 12:19PST and both still just say prepared for shipment.

A buddy of mine ordered through Verizon and he has tracking info and his phone is in TN on it's way to FL.

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Given that it's 2:30pm EST and there's been no change in order status, I'm going to bet they don't ship out until Monday.

15. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Not necessarily. I mean, it very well might not ship until Wednesday. But if you ordered something on there now for next day delivery (something in stock) it would still arrive Monday, and your order status wouldn't say "shipped" yet. Many other people have reported that with other pre-orders the status doesn't change to Shipped until after it's already shipped.

On the flip side, my credit card still hasn't been charged - just authorized at this point, so that would argue against a stealth shipment... at least so far...

16. joelpurser macrumors newbie

Optimism

I'm just going to keep telling myself that Apple is trying to make us really happy when it surprises us on Monday or (never going to happen) Saturday just for buying it from them.

17. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I ordered mine at 12:04 AM PST (3:04 EST) at Apple (full retail $50 less of course). Anyhow, I had a billing question on my order (order for some odd reason was under my wife's name) and spoke to a guy. He said even though charges were pending at my bank, the charge had already gone through and would probably post to most of our accounts in the early morning tomorrow/late night tonight.

Also, I asked about shipping and I was told Monday or Tuesday we should start seeing them go out to arrive on or before the 10th. I didn't push him past that, I could tell he's been deluged with VZW iPhone questions :). He did say that if you're order is "prepared for shipping". it is obviously reserved, boxed, labeled and ready to go.

FWIW and if it makes anyone feel better; I really don't see the people getting their VZW orders much before the 10th either. Even if they do have tracking numbers. As we see, they've already gone from being delivered today to being delivered on the 7th.

18. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

My card has been charged as well, but I am in agreement that they probably won't ship/be delivered until Tuesday or Wednesday...although Monday would be nice!

19. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Very disappointing if true. If they've been prepared for shipment since late morning Thursday, boxed and ready to go, why hold onto them for several more days, when Verizon is shipping?

20. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

The additional $50 from VZW is probably for expedited shipping!

21. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I'm sure it's true and I'm sure the VAST majority of VZW orders will NOT be received any earlier than the 9th, regardless if their order has shipped or not. There's too many people trying to "read between the lines" on this forum. Of course a FEW may slip through.

Both sites plainly state "Delivers by Feb 10th". Anyone else who thinks they're getting it DAYS earlier is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I'm just saying, first people with VZW orders were "OMG MY iPHONE WILL BE HERE TOMORROW BY 3PM!" it's now 3 PM everywhere in the U.S.- how many people have received their iPhone today?

Now, with the same exact people it's "OMG MY iPHONE WILL BE HERE BY MONDAY THE 7TH AT 3PM!"

And then Monday it'll be "OMG MY iPHONE WILL BE HERE ON TUESDAY AT 3PM".

We'll ALL see our phones on the 9th or 10th.

22. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

No, it's a bend over fee.

23. Johnny Gilligan macrumors member

Johnny Gilligan

VZW Nightmare

I had a nightmare with Verizon on Thursday morning!

I logged onto Verizon's site at 2:45am or so and notice I'm no longer eligible for $199 / $299 prices. I was eligible as late as Wednesday night. At 3am there is nobody at vzw customer service.

I figure that the site is screwed up because of heavy traffic, I'll pay the full $749 and sort it out when vzw customer service opens at 6am. I bought the phone.

I called vzw at 6am and finally reached a rep (Janet) at 6:15am to explain the problem. She says there is nothing she can do and they have no control over iPhone transactions done on the vzw site. I tell her I want to escalate the call and speak to a supervisor.

6:40am vzw supervisor, CJ tells me "it is what it is", and that all the reps I've spoke to in regard to my discount eligibility have lied to me and that the vzw email stating I was eligible for "the lowest promotional price" didn't exsist!

I went back & forth with CJ for about 10 minutes and said "maybe I should drive over to AT&T and get my phone now?" I wasn't yelling or swearing. The line went dead.

I called vzw customer service again at about 7am and speak to Lynn. Apparently, supervisor CJ had disconnected my service and I was no longer a verizon customer! I couldn't access my "my verizon" page either!

Lynn quickly apologized and without me asking her to do anything, she says "I'm turning your phone back on now." She also fixed the error on my account so I was eligible for the $199 / $299 iPhones. I had to call my bank and stop the $749 payment from earlier. I got off the phone with her at about 7:45am and the pre-order had been almost 5 hours old.

I logged onto Apple and ordered my phone there because I was no longer going to trust vzw after all that! I got a call from vzw rep, Amy at about noon. She apologized for all that I had been through and gave me $50 credit on my account. She also made a few suggestions on the plan I had chosen and saved me about $10/mo. on my bill.

What a let down that whole experience was! After years of rumors and hype, my chance to purchase an iPhone on Verizon finally arrives and it BLOWS UP!

I've been checking my shipping status on the Apple site and it's "prepared for shipping" like everyone else that ordered from Apple.

I got an update from Verizon; they've promoted supervisor, CJ and he's been transferred to Cairo to oversee the shutting down of the internet

24. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

That's what Verizon is known for, fantastic phone service, but piss poor customer service. Then again, I'd rather weather occasional bad customer service for a phone that can actually make calls. :D

I just can't wait for my iPhone to arrive. C'mon Apple, just send it out now!

25. landscapeman macrumors regular

If it doesnt work the first time, call back again. No matter what company, there seems to be a dip ***** working there.