Verizon Iphone Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeff3221, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jeff3221 macrumors regular

Hello all (and I am sorry if I ask stupid/repeated questions),

I have had verizon for a while and have been waiting for the iphone to come out. I know I am eligible, and I will try to pre-order it on the 3rd. I have several questions:

1) Is it better to order it from the verizon or apple website?
    2) Will it be hard to get for pre-order?
    3) I have some kind of insurance on my current phone, but can I get rid of that and just get applecare? Any differences?
    4) I think I read that they will have to make new cases, so should I hold off on getting a case until it is specifically for the verizon iphone 4?

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but thanks in advance! :)

2. macuserjhs macrumors regular

I would order from apples site. I think it will be pretty hard to pre order but not as bad as the iphone 4 in june. I would recommend you stay up that night until you see it on apples site if you really want it. I dont think verizon will be offering insurance, and if they do they will be probably be offering applecare. Some cases will fit the verizon iphone that have a lot of space around the buttons, but i would hold off on getting a case for now.

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Hope that helps!

4. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Lessons may be offered on how to hold it per Steve.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Probably won't matter, but I'd go with vzw if you're a current verizon wireless customer, otherwise go with apple.

Only if you're unable to fill out an online form, or don't have a credit card, or a computer to connect to the internet.

Depends on the terms of that insurance. Applecare is a warranty against defects, most mobile insurance plans protect against accidental damage and theft

Yes, the buttons have moved and why buy something now without the actual phone in hand