Verizon iPhone Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cduce2411, Feb 8, 2011.

1. cduce2411 macrumors newbie

So, my mom just got her iPhone 4 for Verizon. I wanted the iPhone since 2007, but it was always on AT&T. It is now available to me, since my upgrade is ready. Since it is close to summer, I think I can wait until August for a refresh. I have a few questions. Should I wait or get one now? Also, will the summer refresh be for Verizon as well?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. 2056 macrumors 6502

No one knows when the refresh will be for Verizon and it might just be a slight change like the 3G to 3GS.

If that's worth the wait..more power to you. I definitely couldn't do it.

4. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

exactly if you want it now buy it if not then wait. No one knows for sure YET what will get a newer version of the 4 or a 5 or 4.5 or who knows today so if you really want it get it. You can always sell it later on craigslist or ebay and most likely loose only a few hundred bucks ..

5. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

Like the ipad 2, the iphone 5 won't be a significant upgrade. We probably won't see a significant iPhone upgrade until the iphone 6 next year when 4G/LTE is more widespread and eventually standard. Like with any Apple product. If you really need it, buy it. If you can wait, wait.

6. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

We SUSPECT there won't be much new in the next iPhone (5 or 4s/whatever they call it)

7. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

In my opinion, which I could be completely wrong and off base. I have a feeling the current iPhone 4 design is here to stay for 1 more year. I think it's a 2 year design. Since the Verizon iPhone has a newer antenna scheme and the chip is capable of cdma and gsm, we might see this phone or gsm only with the updated antenna scheme on Att. I think we might also see the elusive white iPhone 4 as well. Since BestBuy, ATT, and a couple other stores are seeing white iPhone SKU's in their databases, this could be all we see.

Maybe they'll update or tweak a couple things, but I don't think we'll see iPhone 5 this soon. The iPhone 4 is still extremely powerful and it's still out performing many phones that are just now coming out. I think the revision will just be like the iPhone 3g to 3gs, not a whole lot was changed.

I'd say get it, what do you have to lose? If in fact they do come out with another upgraded model, you will be able to sell this one for pretty much retail price and break even on the new one. That is, if you take care of it ;) .

8. cduce2411 thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone

I am going to the VZW store tomorrow to buy my iPhone. Thanks for the help, everyone.

9. ImStrapped macrumors member

I'd do the same. Verizon refresh may not be that significant and to wait for something completely new, may take a while. Go get 'er