Verizon iPhone Screen Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lawmantex, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Lawmantex macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone else have a weird issue where they tap the screen and it makes a hollow sort of noise (only way I can think of describing it) when compared to the ATT iPhone or could this be an isolated issue?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What do you mean hollow noise? Tapping with your fingertip or with your nail?

3. Lawmantex thread starter macrumors newbie

Tapping with the fingertip. It's almost like there is a reverberation going on. When I do it on the ATT iPhone it feels solid and I don't feel any reverb, but when I do it on mine, I feel a tiny bit of reverb throughout the phone (maybe I am being crazy?). I feel it more on the bottom half of the screen than the top.

4. Gavernty macrumors 6502

5. wpotere Guest

Did you take it out of the box?

*Sorry, I couldn't resist* :p

6. Lawmantex thread starter macrumors newbie

it definitely works. it's the only thing i've noticed and the only reason I noticed was because I used a friends phone and then used mine and heard the noise when i was tapped the screen.

7. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

is it causing an issue with operation of the device, or are you insinuating that your device is of inferior quality?

if the former, get it checked out at an apple store. if the latter, try a different brand of phone. either way, the cdma and gsm versions are different internally. they are also hand assembled, thus no two are perfectly identical.

seriously though, what do you want?