Verizon iPhone Shipped?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DSchwartz88, Feb 3, 2011.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Just went to check order page on Verizon. After putting in both my order numbers (got 2 iPhones for 2 lines) it says both have been shipped. They do not include any tracking information but it absolutely says they have been shipped.

Anyone else noticing this? I was one of the first orders to go through im assuming, both of my order were done and paid for by 2:51am (cause Verizon opened up their system early).

2. pipesta macrumors newbie

I noticed that as well for my order. Hopefully there's truth to this :D

3. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Mine does not say that. It has not even charged my card yet.:confused:

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Don't get too excited, they may hold shipments back to ensure a certain day of delivery (although they didn't do this with the iphone 4 on ATT)

5. manjaap macrumors member

Same for me. When I check my order status through the specific iphone order site verizon set up, it says my order has shipped, but with no tracking info. When I go to the normal order status website, I get an error message. Also my credit card has been charged as well.

6. Vihzel macrumors 6502

From my experience with the Droid Incredible preorder, Verizon will ship it but hold it at a certain FedEx. If you're in the Midwest, they will put a hold on the phone in the FedEx hub in TN. Verizon will definitely ship it earlier as to promise that Feb 10th delivery time but chances are... it will be held at a FedEx to be released later.

7. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

What happens is usually the company will confirm shipment, print out labels and get them ready but actually dispatch them to the courier, VZ will probably hold them in their Warehouse for a while and then fedex will pick them up.
    I'm not counting ont hem getting to us early...but its the least they could do :p

8. Krandor macrumors 6502

They did for the 3GS though. I got excited for my delivery and then the tracking information changed to "held at request of shipper".

9. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I agree with most on here that they will hold shipping until later next week. It would be nice of VZW to give it to us a couple of days early as a thank you for being loyal customers. Once can only hope.

10. Steelers7510, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Mine still says "Order received and is in process" so mine has not been shipped yet. I think I got my order through around 3:06am so I was not very late in line. I will update when I find out if my AMEX has been charged yet.

Edit: As of 12:17pm my order has also been shipped and my card has been charged. Still no tracking info though.

11. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I'd be a little excited if they're saying your phone shipped. My iPhone 4s came in the mail a day early last year, and some people's arrived 2 days early.

Be excited!

12. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Mine says shipped also, also with no tracking info.

I took a screenshot because I figured no one would believe me, but it seems to be old news now lol

13. jmo1116 macrumors regular

With all doubt aside...my order JUST changed to "Your order has been shipped"...no one really knows when we will receive them so I'm going to be excited for myself and anyone else whose order says the same!

14. brando123b macrumors regular

15. BryanLyle, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Shipped here as well. I'm still waiting for my email confirmation :)

Also, it wouldn't kill Apple/Verizon to get these out as soon as possible. AMEX has been charged!

16. MrsLisaP macrumors newbie

Mine says "shipped" yet my card has not been charged :confused:

17. cjddrum1 macrumors regular

18. Brooks4587 macrumors newbie

iPhone Shipped!!

iPhone has shipped waiting on tracking number

19. cjddrum1 macrumors regular

20. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Most likely Verizon is printing labels, and boxing them up for shipping on either Tues/Wed next week. With such a huge pre-order amount (probably around 2 million units) they will be getting them ready like crazy in warehouses until ship date and then i would hate to be their local FedEx depot.

21. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Now the next question is when will we start getting emails from Verizon saying our orders shipped?:rolleyes:

22. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

If you guys got the e-mail confirmation and read it, you will note that there is a statement that says "A final confirmation email will be sent when your order ships." Something to consider.

I think what is going on here is that Verizon / Apple is processing the orders and it has gone through the warehouse locations and is being prepared to be shipped.. Not necessarliy shipped as in "It is in the hands of FedEx" shipped.

23. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

24. zenio macrumors 6502

I ordered the moment they came online.

Everything went well and very fast. Moments later I received my confirmation email. Upon checking this morning, my card has been charged and my status is shipped.

I had the same experience with AT&T and my first iPhone 4. That one arrived FedEx at 9:14am the day before the official release date.

Apple strictly dictates everything to the carriers, so if Apple allows I expect some of us in the first group of orders to get ours early.

25. FiremanMike macrumors regular

According to the VZWSupport twitter, accounts aren't charged until phones are shipped.

That said, I'm well aware of the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of verizon reps thus far, but it certainly seems promising.