Verizon iphone software upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jillr1978, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jillr1978 macrumors newbie

I've been looking in the forums (as well as google), but could not find a simple answer... so I apologize if it's out there someone.

I have the Verizon iphone and it's running with iOS 4.2.6... when I connect it to itunes it does not prompt me for a software update, in fact it tells me my software is up to date already. I even tried restoring it, no luck.

My ipod touch and my ipad were both update successfully.

Is the Verizon iphone running iOS 4.3 yet? If so, how do I get my phone to upgrade?

Thanks

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

No! The upgrade was for AT&T only.

3. patp Guest

it states in the Apple website that the iOS 4.3 upgrade is for GSM phones only - verizon is CDMA.
    I assume the upgrade for us Verizon users will come soon. But most of the changes in 4.3 are already cooked into the current VZE version. the Safari upgrades are not and would love to see them. My Ipad and Touch both upgraded to 4.3 and everything seems to be snappier.

4. jillr1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

awww, that's so sad... but makes sense why I haven't been able to find anything or upgrade!!

Hope it comes soon! Thanks all for your help.