Verizon iPhone: Tethering, incoming call is ignored - does connection drop?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jkozlow3, Sep 5, 2011.

1. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Title pretty much says it all. On Verizon, if tethering and an incoming call comes in but is not answered, does the data connection still drop?

Thanks!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yes.

3. jkozlow3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bummer. That's unfortunate.

Sometimes if I'm at a client's company and they don't have a guest wifi network I have to tether my phone in order to do a software demo (internet connection required). I would hate to lose my connection just because my phone rang.

I am dying to get rid of AT&T here in NYC though. I just moved here a few months ago and the service really is as bad/unreliable as everyone says.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Used to be that most Verizon smartphones had an option to either show the incoming call or send it straight to voice mail.

Otherwise, yes, the data will pause while the incoming call shows up. If you Decline the call, then the data should pick right up from where it left off.

It should be pretty quick and seamless. The data connection itself only pauses. It doesn't drop unless you take the voice call. (And even then, it's supposed to take less than six seconds to renew a data connection after a voice call ends, but I've seen longer.)

5. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

if you're doing a lot of these presentations and on the road a lot, the portable wifi hotspots are pretty cheap these days and you have your own portable hotspot anywhere.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020