Verizon iPhone Trade-In Thread (Experiences/Status/Questions)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noble Actual, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Noble Actual, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

People will soon be getting their brand new iPhone 6/6 Plus and I want to hear some hands-on experience on how the trade in both in stores or online went.

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

My guess is most people will wait until next week to trade in because this week is gonna be crazy for the carrier stores. That's what I plan to do.

3. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

4 weeks? Yea right. Love when a company expects you to get them a phone by the end of the month, but then they aren't positive they can send you the money before 4-6 weeks.

Either way, I am pleased to see Verizon do something like this for their customers, especially those with phones that hold a clearly lower value than what is being offered.

My plan is to take it to the store next week if it doesn't sell on Amazon for more before then. Better to see what I can get elsewhere before handing it over right?

4. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I'm trading my phone in that Friday and they will credit the 200 at checkout. Easy money.

5. Noble Actual thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, $200 is pretty good for an iPhone 4.

6. aabb111 macrumors newbie

Can people share their experiences after they complete the trade in?
    I want to know how closely they inspect your phone I'm guessing it probably varies by store/manager but still want to know your experience. I have a perfectly functioning iphone 4 with no history of water damage, but when I look at the bottom dock connector, I do see some red in that little square, which is supposedly the water damage indicator. All the buttons, screen, sound are all perfectly working. I wanted to know if that red would be a dealbreaker. Thanks.

7. Izauze macrumors 6502

I brought in an iPhone 4 following my 6 Plus purchase on Apple.com.

I didn't pay attention to how closely he inspected the phone, but the checklist on the receipt includes:

Turns on and off.
    LCD free of cracks, functions.
    Device and ports free of corrosion/water damage.
    No cracks, dents.
    Activation lock turned off.

Easy, peazy - out in 10 minutes.

8. bwsteg macrumors 6502

I also traded in my iPhone 4 to verizon store following my purchase of the iPhone 6 plus via apple.

So you don't necessarily have to purchase from verizon to qualify but it does depend on the rep.

9. Noble Actual thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm debating if I should just cancel my iPhone 6 preorder and pick it up from Verizon.

What you mean it depends on the rep? Have you seen anyone deny someone to trade in their iPhone if they bought it from Apple.com?