Verizon iPhone user switch back for iP4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haddman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. haddman macrumors regular

To current Verizon iPhone 4 users - Anyone considering switching back to AT&T for the 4S. Data speeds easily double and triple verizon 3G on current iP4 on AT&T, but suffers from dropped calls. Will the new Antenna design mean better call performance on AT&T?? Anyone else considering making the switch back??

2. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I highly doubt most people will see increased speeds on the AT&T iPhone. If you can't get a good connection, you won't see good speeds. I've had both AT&T and Verizon iPhones...and my Verizon iPhone has consistent speeds which were better than AT&T (about 1.1-1.5 mbps). I had all kinds of dropped calls with AT&T iPhone 4.

So no...I wouldn't even think about switching back to AT&T. I'd go with Sprint over AT&T. In the real world I doubt most will see faster speeds with AT&T on the iPhone 4S.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

oh but you're wrong....regardless of your experience in the past with AT&T they do have HSDPA+(or whatever it's called) which is faster than Verizon or Sprint...and honestly my friend I've not dropped a call with AT&T in many years...and yes I've had both Verizon and Sprint

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

The only upside to AT&T was that you'd have a GSM phone which is easier to use internationally, but now that upside has been made moot by the iPhone 4S being a world phone and including CDMA and GSM in each device.

So at this point, I see no reason to go back to AT&T what so ever. Well, I guess, being able to access data and voice at the same time over 3G, but really, thats a very minor thing. I haven't been able to do this for a while and I only recall maybe one or two instances where it could've been handy (but not necessary).

But I think this decision will vary greatly from location to location. AT&T happens to suck in Chicago (where as Verizon is totally awesome), where I am, so no go for me. But I can see how someone living in an area where AT&T has great reception would feel differently.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

only those that can't do it find it unnecessary...it's a very helpful feature

6. haddman thread starter macrumors regular

simultaneous voice & data is certainly a handy feature. It's not something I find myself wishing I had everyday, but at least once a week there is a time where I got to try to look something up while on a call and can't do it. Verizon 3G is awefully slow in many areas, and at best only 2 mbps, where as AT&T is 3-5 mbps, even on non HSPA+ devcies. We don't even have HSPA + available where I live. Verizon has blanketed LTE coverage, and I'm super pissed no LTE in the 4S!