Verizon iPhone Users: How much usage do you get from a charge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shikari89, Feb 16, 2011.

?

How much usage have you been getting with VziPhone charge?

1. Less than 2 hours

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. 2-4 hours

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. 4-6 hours

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. 6-8 hours

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  5. More than 8 Hours

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

I saw this poll on another forum, but only with total battery life, not usage. I am pretty OCD when it comes to my battery and would like to know what kind of times others are getting.

As of right now my battery reads...

Usage - 2H 30M
    Standby - 12H 17M

This is after some light wifi browsing, and an hour of music. My phone was also in airplane mode for 4 hours while at work. Is this good?

How much usage have you been getting?

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

If thats total for a full charge, I'd be concerned. The iPhone4 should get about 7 hours usage. I'm just glad that you understand the difference between usage and total time the phone is on.

3. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

After taking mine off the charger yesterday I decided to see how low I could go...

I went to bed last night at 10am with 49% and woke up this morning at 6am with 45%, so not too bad overnight.

I have had wifi, bluetooth and push notifications on the whole time.

With 45% of my battery left I have used:

Usage - 3:34
    Standby - 22:57

Most of my usage was over 3G (about an hour over wifi). I had one 20 minute call. Streamed Pandora for about 45 minutes.

I'm pretty impressed. This is at least as good as my blackberry - probably better when you consider the Pandora streaming I couldn't do on the BB.

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I don't really monitor usage. Who's to say what "normal" is. I go by how often do I need to charge my iPhone. I am finding that I usually need to charge it back up every other night since I've had it. Since I've waited 4 years for the Verizon model, my usage is probably a little strong right now with setup and tweaking and just the new toy syndrom. I have a feeling that I'll probably get more like 3 days once the newness wears off.

5. iphoneIA macrumors regular

My batter life has been really good. I talk, text quite a bit, facebook, listen to music, play games. You can say I do it all in a given day. I unplug at 7 am and plug back it at 10 pm and I am usually down to about 50-60%. That is excellent IMO. Way better then my BB.

6. patp Guest

yeah thats about the same for me. In the honeymoon period with my phone and constantly fiddling with it. Full charge at 6:00 am and by end of day still looking at around 30-40%.

7. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

So many liars here... more than 8 hours? lmao

8. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Call me a liar then I suppose. As an experiment I decided not to keep mine on the charger and use it lightly to see how much I could squeeze out of it if the situation called for it.

I've been using it with very brief browsing, very brief facebook, a few texts, a few calls. After 2 days I'm still at 10%.

I'm trying to let it just run out so I can do a full charge on it now and it won't run down to 0%!

Keep in mind, NO iPod, no intense apps or browsing or massive texting. At some point today the battery will finally run down. But, if I was stuck somewhere without a charger I could get a couple days of light use out of it.

10. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ha, I ran into this too. I was trying to run down my battery on my new Verizon iPhone so I could calibrate the thing.

It would take FOREVER to get to 70%, then it would run from 70% to 15% in what seemed like an hour, then it would take FOREVER again to run down from 15%. Finally that last 10%, I just had to turn off the autolock and run a video wallpaper.

It definitely seems better after calibrating, or at least more consistent.

11. robby001 macrumors member

Found mine was also better over time.

Attached Files: