Verizon Iphone X with AT&T

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
I have ATT and ordered 2 full price 256GB Verizon iphone X using a family Verizon account. Once I received the iphones, can I just remove the Verizon sims and install my ATT sims before turning them on? Does it deactivate the previous sims if I do that? That would not be good if my family's phones stop working since we live in different states.

Last edited:

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
I have ATT and ordered 2 full price 256GB Verizon iphone X using a family Verizon account. Once I received the iphones, can I just remove the Verizon sims and install my ATT sims before turning them on? Does it deactivate the previous sims if I do that? That would not be good if my family's phones stop working since we live in different states.
Looking to find out the same thing. I have AT&T but my family has Verizon. Ordered through their account to get a Verizon X. If I pull the Vzw SIM before I turn it on and put my AT&T SIM in, should be good to go, right?

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

Jumpie

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
when you get the phones, don't even turn them on until you remove the VZW sim and put in your AT&T sim. then turn it on. You don't want VZW registering the sim at all. in fact, take it and and chop it up and throw it away. unless you want to save them for some other time. that's what I did. I had a spare laying around that was never activated. I used that to get my VZW phone for use on TMo.

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
when you get the phones, don't even turn them on until you remove the VZW sim and put in your AT&T sim. then turn it on. You don't want VZW registering the sim at all. in fact, take it and and chop it up and throw it away. unless you want to save them for some other time. that's what I did. I had a spare laying around that was never activated. I used that to get my VZW phone for use on TMo.
Exactly this. I always buy the Verizon phone at full price to use on my AT&T account through work. Just swap SIM cards before turning the device on and you’re good to go.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Exactly this. I always buy the Verizon phone at full price to use on my AT&T account through work. Just swap SIM cards before turning the device on and you’re good to go.
This. They are 100% right :)