Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac7, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

2. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Nope.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's CDMA only, so there is no SIM card. And with no sim card, you can't easily switch to another carrier. It is possible to use it on another carrier if you can convince that carrier to let you, but that's not likely and I'm not sure that it would work.

4. himni macrumors regular

Technically it can be unlocked but the unlock hasn't been released. The only problem with unlocking the VZW iP4 is that customizations have to be made for the specific carrier you want to run it on. It's not like the GSM iP4 in that you can just swap sims and it will work. This makes unlocks for the CDMA version much harder and more work and also not as user friendly.

For now you can't unlock it but in the future you might be able to. I think there was an article on macrumors.com about it shortly after the VZW iP4 was released.

5. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I was thinking of using it with a prepaid Verizon thing I have.

6. himni macrumors regular

Even if the unlock was out you wouldn't be able to use it with verizon as pre-pay unless verizon offered that plan. That is one advantage of a sim card.

7. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Well I have a Verizon phone right now that I'm using with a Pay As You Go plan, I was thinking if the verizone iphone was unlockable then i would use it with my plan

8. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Well now you know that isn't going to happen. Wanna tell us again about your prepaid plan or are you good?

9. ikillwindows macrumors newbie

10. Weiser878 macrumors regular

Really?

greenpois0n.com