Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigmac58, Sep 4, 2011.

1. bigmac58 macrumors member

Hello all. I've been browsing these forums for several weeks now as I consider the move to a smartphone, more specifically, an iPhone. I currently carry both an LG phone and my iPod Touch with me many places I go. I am waiting on the iPhone 5 to see what new features it offers but I do have to admit that the iPhone 4 is still a very attractive option to someone who is carrying around an iPod and LG dumb-phone. If the iPhone 5 isn't all that it's being hyped up to be I may take advantage of the iPhone 4. The latest rumor involving the cases does concern me because I like to slip my phone into my pocket and it looks like the iPhone 5 may be getting bigger. One question I have (speculation) is the cheaper iPhone 4 that everyone is expecting. I'm a fan of the glass screen and the retina display. Do you think that the cheaper iPhone is going to have different screens to cut the price? Also, when the cheaper version is released will the current version still be available? Anyway, when Apple announces the iPhone 5's release date, will the phone be available at the Verizon store on the release day? I am going to have to use my wife's upgrade to get this so I'm sure going to the store is my only option to upgrade.

Thanks!

Jeremy

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

You will still be able to fit the iPhone into your pocket. It looks like it is going to be even thinner. At most a .5-inch screen size increase isn't going to change anything.

It looks like the cheaper iPhone 4 will just be the same, but perhaps only 8GB. They wouldn't change the screen or anything like that.

You can get it in the store on release day, but prepared to wait in line. Also, I'm with Verizon and am using someone else's upgrade, and you can just transfer the upgrade online. So you could order online if you want.

3. bigmac58 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. An 8 gig iPhone 4 is still attractive to me. It depends on the price of the new one.

Does anyone have any insight about smaller kiosks and stores that sell plans for multiple carriers? Will (should) these places have the new models on release day? If so, Sam's Club could be an option as not everyone has a membership. Just trying to think of ways to increase my odds if I choose to have a go on release day.

Thanks again

4. NJFP macrumors 6502

Any authorized Verizon dealer will (SHOULD) have the new phone on the release date. Sams club isn't a bad idea either! I have the iP4 and couldn't be happier with it. I needed to get a new phone and was holding out for the iP5, but my crackberry wouldn't let me wait. From everything I've read, heard and speculated about, the iP5 didn't have enough over the iP4 for me to wait any longer. That's just ME, and I'm kinda impatient too! I'm lovin' me some iPhone 4!!