Verizon iPhone4, newest iOS update and battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asf1966, May 12, 2011.

1. asf1966 macrumors newbie

I'm a new iPhone user and really enjoy its smooth interface with my email, calendar etc.

My Verizon iPhone4 is still on version 4.2.6. Since getting the phone, I've been offered two iOS updates, but have held off due to complaints of additional battery woe due to the updates. I believe I was first offered update 4.2.8 or something, now I'm being offered 4.3.

Can anyone provide their experience on the lastest update? Also, was the battery issue and others specific to either the AT&T phone, Verizon model or both? I understand that once I update my phone, I can't revert or down-date to a previous version.

Thoughts?

Thanks-
    asf1966

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

my verizon iphone is currently at 4.2.8, which is the highest that is out for verizon to date. 4.3.X is only at&t iphone so i think you might be mistaken. anyhow, my battery life is perfectly normal. i was hesitant to update after hearing about battery troubles but i didnt have any at all

3. patp Guest

my battery life seems to have stabilized since upgrading to 4.2.8

the previous version battery life was sucking a bit. But now all is good.

4. asf1966 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to you both. And I was incorrect about 4.3. I plugged my phone into my laptop and itunes offered me 4.2.8.

Thanks again,

asf1966