Verizon iPhone4 Pre-Order Success?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MauiGideon, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MauiGideon macrumors regular

Seems like the night went on with no real problems with customers purchasing/upgrading to the new iPhone. The only minor hiccup was people not receiving their confirmation email right away, which is understandable when you get thousands upon thousands of hits as fast as Verizon probably did. Other than that the VZW page held steady with no real lag or crashing. Looks like a good sign to me.

Verizon + Apple = Win
    :apple:

2. drewzkie macrumors newbie

*sigh* ... still haven't received my confirmation e-mail. I'm hoping my wife didn't miss something... :(

3. uconn9 macrumors newbie

I ordered at about 5:45 am EST and received an email immediately. Hopefully you're all set.

No problems ordering - site was responsive and easy to navigate. It looks like Verizon learned a lesson from the ATT nightmare(s).

4. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I initially had an error in my order, due to accidentally filling out my pre-order application with incorrect information. When I had called in, they told me to cancel the order and resubmit another one. After completing the application with the correct information, I had received an instantaneous confirmation email.

Their support was very helpful in pointing out the issue; however, I am now afraid that my AT&T number is hanging in limbo, after the first application.

5. get.whet macrumors newbie

AT&T Phone Number Port Issues

Anybody have success porting a number back to Verizon from AT&T?

I am trying to join an existing family share plan on VZW and I get all the way to the fields to enter the AT&T account info and after submitting and waiting I get "Failed to respond" error and cannot continue.

Anybody have success with this or is AT&T blocking number ports?? :mad:

6. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

I ordered on Apple's site and got a confirmation quickly...CAN'T WAIT!;)

7. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I thought the whole process went very smooth. I received my confirmation email right away and was back to bed at 2:15 CST. Now the LONG wait for it to get here.:(

8. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Smooth process streamlined, a little slow on the confiramtion email but rather than that very smooth.