Verizon iPhpne & Jailbreakme.com = random restarts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patp, Jul 13, 2011.

1. patp Guest

Crap,
    did the JBme.com method Friday night, other than the random restart and Bitesms conflict, everything was fine. Today, my phone has just gone dead 2 x in the last hour, holding home and sleep buttons will restart the phone.

I'm guessing I'll have to restore as new phone and then jailbreak all over again?

I read on Twitter that Comex updated the JBme.com and Verizon phones are okay now? Has anyone tried the new JBme.com on a Verizon phone since the latest update?

Thanks

2. GregGray macrumors newbie

The instructions indicate restoring and usage of RedSnow as follows:

I'm confused - wouldn't a restore allow you to just start the jailbreak over or is something going to still be messed up after the restore?

3. srf4real, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I have had intermittent issues with Friday's release as well. According to this article, there is a fix today. I'm trying it now....

http://www.lovefortech.com/2011/07/13/jailbreakme-3-0-latest-news/

After backup and restore in iTunes, went to jailbreakme.com and re-installed. Initial reboot took 2 minutes.

Now respring or reboot takes normal iPhone time, about 15 seconds approximately. All my apps seem to be working correctly, mod packages are not crashing the phone so far. Let's hope it's a good fix- I love my jb phone! Verizon v,4.2.8 :)

Lots of springs later and all packages installed, the VZ iPhone 4 is snappy as new and looks like new too with my new themes. I recommend. ;)

4. patp thread starter Guest

That's good news! I'm restoring now as new phone.

So I can just go back to jbme.com and the newest update has addressed all the issues with Verizon iPhones?
    I was kind of scared of that redsnow stuff. I absolutely love the Jailbreak universe! The themes and apps are incredible.

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

2.5 hours later, been installing hacks and mods left and right.. not one crash or slow restart. Thank you jailbreakme.com! I am going to donate. :D

By the way patp, when you go to restore in iTunes you will probably be made aware of a "carrier settings update." I did this and it had no effect. I was concerned that it might have been a ploy to disable an unlocked phone but the fresh jailbreak was done after this carrier update. No worries.

6. patp thread starter Guest

so far so good for me too! Restore went smooth. In the process of setting up my themes and apps. The new jailbreakme.com update seems to have solved the previous issues with VZW phones.

Thanks!

7. GregGray macrumors newbie

I sent an email to comex asking for his guidance:

He responded with:

So we are all in agreement! Looks like I will be restoring and using jailbreakme again tonight :)