Verizon Landline port to AT&T Wireless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PLamarine, Jun 12, 2009.

1. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

First post, and I love this forum.

Well, I decided to get the new IPhone 3GS and decided to port over my business phone number which is a Verizon landline. I ordered online Wednesday afternoon (the 9th) and put in all the port information. I was sent an e-mail a few hours later to call AT&T for some information to verify my credit report. That went smoothly. I called the AT&T port department this morning to see what the procedure/timeline is to get my landline number ported. I eas told it could take 3 business days to hear back from Verizon. The CSR then asked for the number I was porting, and she punched it in her computer.

Well, wasn't I surprised to find out that Verizon confirmed the port request last night at 9:10pm, so my IPhone should be ready to ship on time for the 19th. I was concerned there would be a problem and it would delay shipping of my new IPhone.

Yippee!

I have been using an Ipod Touch for the last month, but found it cumbersome to always carry both the Touch and my crappy Verizon Razr Maxx Ve. I love the Touch and cannot wait to have that 3GS.

2. coolbreeze07 macrumors newbie

coolbreeze07

Welcome, and just like you I did the same thing a few days ago. So far so good, as AT&T have actually been more helpful to me than verizon ever was. People actually remember who I am in the store and have some conversation. Im sure you'll be happy with the purchase