*VERIZON* Launch Day, in store, order status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rkilosky, Oct 13, 2015.

1. rkilosky macrumors newbie

Me and a friend got up early on launch day, got to our local Verizon store at about 4:30am, and waited for doors to open. I have done this for consecutive years with great success. I pre-ordered the iPhone 4s and it was delivered launch day around noon. But the next year for the iPhone 5s, I went to the store early on launch day; and the same last year for the 6.

My wife decided to upgrade to a 64GB 6s in RG, and I decided to go with the 64GB 6s+ in Space Gray this year, as well as my friend (and his wife who was upgrading went with 64GB 6s+ in Gold). Well, after much anticipation, we got into the store only to find out that they didn't have a SINGLE 6s+, and told us that Apple didn't allocate any to the Carrier stores. So we proceeded to order our phones and were given a shipping date of 10/12/15. I was able to get my wife's 6s, but we basically waited in line all morning to walk out with receipts :mad:.

So my friends wife (6s+ in Gold) got her phone a week ahead of schedule, but me and my buddy (64GB 6s+) got emails yesterday (on our supposed shipping dates) that said the following:

"Thank you for your recent order. Verizon has not received sufficient supply to ship your order on time. We now expect to ship your order by the new date listed below.
    Order Number(s): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Item Quantity New Ship Date
    Apple iPhone 6s Plus 64GB in Space Gray 10/19/2015"

I figured the 64GB in SG would be the most "vanilla" of the models, with the highest demand, and in turn, the highest supply. But apparently I was wrong.

Needless to say, I will stay up and Pre-Order from now on. It seems to be the better of the two options that deprive me of sleep.

Anyone else having this experience? Share your experiences!

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Dunno what's up with your provider, but I walked into my local provider's store (Telus) up here in Canada a week after launch and walked out with a 64GB SG 6s. And in talking to them, supply wasn't an issue at all.

Could you have purchased directly from Apple? Or did you need to order directly from Verizon or go to a Verizon store?

C

3. rkilosky thread starter macrumors newbie

Purchasing directly from a brick and mortar Apple store is not an option (closest one to me is 200+ miles away). I love Apple, but not that much. Like I said, I didn't pre-order from Apple or Verizon because of my past success in walking out of the store on launch day with device in hand. I attribute that to the fact that I live in a pretty popular tourist destination, so we have a lot of big town amenities without the big town population. So our local Verizon is usually pretty well taken care of.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

What about ordering directly from Apple for delivery?

My local store said that they had much less demand this year than for the previous generation.

C

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Check the Verizon Pre-Order thread stickied. Tons of us in the same boat.

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

And this is why you pre-order so you know it gets delivered that day, without having to take a day off work and sit around for hours wasting time.

7. tvith macrumors member

OP is talking about 6s+ not being in stores (not the 6s). As far as I know (for Tmobile, so I'm assuming it's the same for all carriers), none of the carrier stores got a shipment of the PLUS for launch day. Apple kept it all for themselves.

8. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Gotcha. Didn't see the plus.

C

9. alent1234 macrumors 603

in the USA if you want an iphone the first month or so after release, you go to the apple store. not your carrier store. don't know why people still do it

10. IphoneIssues, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Verizon has been really grinding my gears. Between their system ruining my order and not having any 6S Pluses from launch day up until last Friday (Haven't even checked after Friday). Ridiculous.

11. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I got up early on launch day and was the first in line at my closest Verizon. The store manager came out about an hour before opening time and said there were no Plus models but they were expecting some in the afternoon. He was also implying it would be pre-order and they would be called when the phones came in so not sure what happened there. Being first in line, I would not have been happy had I been there for the Plus.