Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I have three phones, one dumb and two 5s. Dumb was eligible for an upgrade so I transferred it to a 5s and ordered a 6. Scheduled to ship mid-October.

Today, I went back to the upgrade screen on Verizon and saw one 5s grayed out (no surprise), the other 5s with an upgrade date of next year (also no surprise), and the dumb phone with last year's date and upgrade status eligible for transfer to another phone.

So what do you think? If I try to transfer the upgrade status do you think it will let me? If it does, do you think they'll notice and come back to charge me the difference?

Most importantly, if they do charge me the difference would I be able to return the phone without it costing me anything? I'll still have the 5s so that would be ok.

----------

Other possibility: Will the system let me do it and cancel out the first upgrade?

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Sometimes you get lucky. I once bought tickets from Atlanta to Honolulu and they gave me Business Class at the Coach price. They didn't complain and neither did I.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Sometimes you get lucky. I once bought tickets from Atlanta to Honolulu and they gave me Business Class at the Coach price. They didn't complain and neither did I.

Well then hopefully Apple just gave you Business Class :)

But I suspect they will do review's on devices/activations and catch them. Might slip thru the cracks if you are lucky.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Never mind. My 6 comes in a few weeks and my wife likes her 5s just fine. She'll get the last laugh when she gets a 6s next year with a sapphire screen and cappuccino machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.