Verizon/LG's "IPhone Killer"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiebrock, Oct 3, 2007.

1. eddiebrock macrumors member

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphon...r-revealed-and-groped-with-gallery-306428.php

Interesting. Seems they address 3G, the keyboard, live streaming video, bluetooth, GPS, and a lot of the other features that Apple has been criticized for not including on their iPhone. Oh yeah, and the price (which is supposedly going to be $200-250).

Although CDMA = no way. I used to be a Verizon customer until they sold one of the towers near my house to Cingular and I stopped getting service IN MY OWN HOME. They were nice enough to let me out of the contract for free.

Verizon's Marketing director has said this "will kill the iPhone." Hmm.

2. tsvb macrumors 6502

Good lucking trying to "kill" the iPhone with that.

3. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

nothing can kill the iphone, even with all the bad press it's getting right now people are still out there buying them.:)

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Attached Files:

5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

6. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

Primitive touch-screen technology is not comparable to Apple's Multi-Touch. I have no opinion of this phone.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Gee, I wonder where they got some of their "inspiration"....

Makes me want to go out and buy one - not....

Attached Files:

8. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

Everything these days is about beating the iPhone....beating the iPod...etc. The Voyager is just a poor clunky copy. Perhaps if they devoted resources to actually making a new product rather than attempting a clone.....

9. aceducy macrumors member

But nobody will buy it. Nice gadget - BUT

Nobody wants to deal with Verizon

10. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Yeah, that thing sure looks slick.

Hey buddy, where did you get that phone, at the toilet store?

11. aceducy macrumors member

Quite a quote from the cellphone mafia. "Hey Rocco - let's see if you can't fits Apple with a paih of cement gollahashas - hawhawhaw WHAT? You make like the late payment? I breaka you face hawhawhaw"

12. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

It's an interesting product in a universe without an iPhone.

If I didn't have the option of an iPhone I might consider it...but I'd probably prefer one of those swiss army phone nokias instead.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I have to say that that is one of the worst looking iPhone rip offs I have seen.
    And does anyone really like those tiny keyboards? I've played around with them and the keys are way to small.

14. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

You know I for one, have to say this iPhone killer propaganda is getting just a little bit ridiculous .

I have had VZW, and AT&T, and both are fine, NOT GREAT, but fine. Verizon is trying to make up for the 85,000 + people they lost initially to the iPhone. I got the number from a CS rep I know that got it from internal emails.

Point is companies are going to try and put the cab bash on the iPhone and Apple from the day of release forward. What they also like seeing is reading forums and people sqaubling about all the hype, kinda like feeding the trolls.

Keep in mind you have 30 days to leave and come back to AT&T and the iPhone. You can sign up with VZW and get a temp number and try out the new device if its really that fascinating too you.

From personal experience Verizon Wireless CRIPPLES the SH_T out of a device, in any way shape and form to make you PAY more for there software and cables or for you too attempt to hack there BREW firmware, which your not going to do. Keep in mind that VERIZON is also going to start over the air upgrades to all there devices, whether or not you have to accept this or not is yet to be answered.

AT&T in my area is finanalizing the 3G completion to be completed by EOM, I have the Iphone at this current time and am still weighing in on whether or not its worth keeping around, having to go through the hurry up and wait for some one or some group to break the next release of Apples updates.

I for one say its a PHONE, and put the glamour and glitz behind me. Yes its unique but untill Apple and AT&T get the 3G and allot more fixes for what should have been on this device at release time or by now, its kinda like damm I can get the iPod touch and break that and have wifi and other functionality too. I say that based on the current lack of solid signal from AT&T in my area.

I so wish Apple and Verizon would have worked something out but hopefully this will push AT&T to get the lead out and there network more up to today's standards and beyond.

Watch out though cause Google is doing good so far

15. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i only have the choice to go with verizon...so...shall i get the lg voyager or the razr2 v9m?
    iTeen

16. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

If those were my choices, I'd play around with the voyager.

17. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Try the voyager it mite be worth it ? Who knows , I know my son tried the LG ENV and he said if it were NOT for the crippled functionality and cheesy VZW interface he would have stayed with it, but over all its what is right and useful for you and your MONTHLY bill, how much are you willing to pay a month ?

18. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i have been with verizon for two years now...time to buy a new phone and upgrade my familys contract. i get 100 dollars off my new phone. god i wish i could get the iphone...

19. murdoc158 macrumors regular

The Voyager is nothing more than an enV with a touch screen. It will be rubbish in comparison to the iPhone. If you can wait a few months VZW will be releasing a Samsung u940. Very iPhone like, and much nicer than the LG.

[​IMG]

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Samsung-U940-is-the-Verizons-variant-of-the-F700-article-a_2182.html

That said, I still plan on leaving VZW when my contract is up. I'm so sick of them crippling phones.

20. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I love these post's "Very Iphone like"

BUT ITS NOT THE IPHONE

21. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

ok...i just found out AT&T put a tower up in my town(on monday)...i think i just might be getting the iPhone!!!!!!!!
    WOOT WOOT
    i am praying we well get out of verizonland...

22. raindog1978 macrumors newbie

Keith Harring?

Is that some sort of optional Keith Harring package?
    What's with the REALLY horrible typeface?

I sold my enV to and upgraded to the iPhone (dumping verizon) on iDay.
    Verizon has terrible phones with non-intuitive navigation. Now it seems that I can add terrible typography as well.

Anyone else notice the similarities on the iCal and iTunes (et al) icons?