iPad Verizon LTE Activation?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robdmb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Robdmb macrumors regular

Is it correct that new IPads do not ship with the SIM required for Verizon? If so, would the Apple Store or a Verizon store have them in stock?

I am coming from an iPad 3 so I don't believe I can just swap the SIM from my old model.

Thanks.

2. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I just got my lte iPad Pro from Verizon and it came with the SIM card already inside the iPad. All it took to activate was basically turn on the iPad and set it up as normal

3. Robdmb thread starter macrumors regular

Wonder if thats because you ordered directly from Verizon. I just ordered the general wifi + cellular version - not carrier specific.

4. Dominican macrumors 6502

I also ordered directly after you turn it on activated

5. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I purchased the non-carrier specific model and picked up the Verizon SIM from the local Apple Store at no cost. Took only a couple minutes to set up using Verizon’s App and scanning the barcodes on the card.

Likewise, you should be able to do the same at the Verizon store, they will probably even install the card and set it up for you.

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Yep but beware policy may differ from store to store. Some locations may charge up to $25 for SIM card.

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Went to Verizon corporate store, picked up a SIM card free and increased data plan, and all is well

8. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Damn. Not aware of any in Colorado that do, but I primarily only shop at two of them, Aspen Grove and Park Meadows Mall. I can only speak for those two on not charging for the SIM card.