Verizon LTE actual coverage map

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sulpfiction, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Can anyone point me to a VZW LTE coverage map that shows the actual coverage. Ive found maps that show a dot on the cities that have it, but not a map that shows how far that coverage extends. I'm outside of Philadelphia but I still get 25-30 down on LTE. Just curious how far from Philly LTE is available.

2. CKtoph macrumors 6502

VZW Coverage Map

I'm in the Philly suburbs too, but I'd take the coverage map as a grain of salt. I'm supposedly in an area of full 4G/LTE coverage, but my friend's Samsung Galaxy S2 gets no bars in my house (or just outside of it). I can report back on Thursday when my iPad arrives though...

3. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Verizon needs to redo their maps to show coverage in detail just like AT&T and Sprint do.

4. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Thanks for the link. I found that map but didn't realize you could change it to show LTE coverage. Like I said, I'm in the southern burbs pulling 25-30 down on LTE. And now I know why. I thought I may be on the very edge but it looks like I am well covered for miles around. I know it's not perfect, but at least I have a general idea of where the coverage is.

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

They don't want to. The crayoned-in ones look better for marketing than a real map.

6. Argentine86 macrumors regular

Verizon 3G...damn

Thx for link. I swapped my ATT for Verizon last week, and where I live I actually got a decrease in speed, quite a bit since there's no LTE in my town. I was getting about 5Mbps on ATT ("4G" HPSA+) and now on Verizon 3G I get like 1 Mbps (on a good day). But second I head 20 miles towards LA, LTE is fast.

I'm between two main cities with LTE (los angeles and Santa Brabara), hopefully they connect soon....

7. dstar macrumors regular

If you have an AT&T sim you can pop that into your Verizon iPad to take advantage of the HPSA+ until verizon LTE is local to you.

8. Argentine86 macrumors regular

I've heard of this... Yeah I have AT&T on my iPhone 4s, unlimited...is it a hack or just pop it in and it works? I Got to look this up....

9. BiggAW macrumors 68020

With an iPad SIM from AT&T, not a smartphone one.