Verizon LTE issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BHP41, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Is anyone else having any issues keeping a connection to LTE? Mine doesn't hold it worth anything. I can LTE off them back on and it doesn't change but if I turn the cell connection off then back on it will connect. Sometimes it will last for 20 minutes and other times it goes right back to 3G.

I'm going to try a restore and see if that fixes it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I really don't want to swap it out so I hope the restore will fix it.

2. aka777 macrumors 6502a

How many bars signal do you have when it does this?

3. BHP41 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BHP41

5 bars. I just came back from the VZW store. I picked up a Belkin case and it wouldn't connect in there. :confused: I'm in Greenvile,SC.

I'll have 5 bars of LTE and I'll try to load a page and it'll pop up the bubble with "could not activate cellular network" then switch to 3G which also has 5 bars.

4. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Restart your iPad. Mine did this and worked fine after restarting.

5. BHP41 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Just restarted. At home I was only getting 3 bars LTE/3G and now I'm getting 4 so something has changed. Thanks. I hope that's all it needed. Sometimes the simplest solution eludes us. :eek:

6. aka777 macrumors 6502a

These LTE networks and products are new and require a reboot every now and then.

7. BHP41 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BHP41

So after the restart Sunday I didn't have the chance to test if it worked properly until yesterday. Happy to say that all is well. Thanks again for the tip.