Carrier Verizon MiFi Sim to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by asenna, Nov 19, 2013.

1. asenna macrumors newbie

I have a work issued Verizon MiFi, what if I cut up the sim and put it into a cellular ipad? Will I have to do any account changes or will it just work?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

It will just work out of the box, just cut the sim

However they will know that you moved the sim. Dont know if that will make a difference or not. If they ever sign in to myverizon or they call customer care to make a change, theyll know the sim is in an ipad

3. achariam macrumors newbie

I did this with my 3rd generation verizon iPad, it worked fine all I had to do was reprovision my iPad within the settings.

4. asenna thread starter macrumors newbie

That's fine, I will ask my boss about it, was wondering if anything was to be changed on the account so that I could tell him what to change. Will I be able to tether? That would be a win win if my ipad can act like my mifi but with insane battery and faster LTE. :D

5. Jades macrumors 6502

Yes you can tether

Just swap sims. Simple as that. If the sims are different sizes you can just ask verizon to send you the correct size

You'll have no issues transferring from Mifi to ipad, as long as you are continuing the contract they don't care

The problem is when people put their unlimited iphone sims into their iPads. That's when you get clueless reps