verizon missing 1gb data promo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ag29, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ag29 macrumors 6502

How many of you ordered an iPhone 6 or 6 plus before September 30 and got locked into the 1gb extra data promo, received phone and activated after Sept 30 and didn't get the extra 1gb as promised?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you call them? Perhaps it just an innocent error on their side.

3. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Me. I called a week or so ago and was told it would be reflected in my next billing cycle. Which is in 3 days. I'm watching for it and will call back in til I get it! The first rep told me I wasn't eligible since I paid full price for my phone. I politely told him that's not what my confirmation email stated, and asked to speak to a supervisor. She came on and immediately said the first guy was wrong, and it would show up next billing cycle.

My confidence level is low, but I'll fight for it.

4. ag29 thread starter macrumors 6502

They said the same exact thing to me and told me to wait for my next billing cycle! My billing cycle resets in 5 days. Let me know your results!

Hope it shows up suddenly on the next cycle, but sounds like bs honestly. From what I heard, it should of shown up immediately once the phone was activated.

5. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I got mine add BEFORE I even got my phone activated, however, my speed sucks and I am supposed to be in an XLTE territory!

Slow as fook!!!

My cheapest tiered home internet is faster than Verizon XLTE!

[​IMG]

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

It took me like a week to get mine after I activated on September 19.

7. ag29 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you get it as soon as your went into your next bill cycle?

8. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

No, it was several days after my bill cycle began.

9. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Those that got it, did you buy the phone at subsidy? Or full price?

10. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

It only applies to renewal of contract or add a line.

I bought 3 iphone 6 pluses at full price and 1 on contract. I only received 1 gb of data promo.

11. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

You have to extend contract.

12. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Interesting, because I read and reread the email confirmation I got when I purchased the phone at full price, and no mention was made of this. And I even discussed it with the supervisor, who again said the first guy was wrong and I would get the promotion on the next billing cycle. Like I said, my confidence level is low.

13. iMeMyPhone macrumors newbie

About two weeks after activating the first phone in my group plan, I noticed that I didn't have the 1GB bonus, so I called VZW. The nice lady set up my account to receive the additional GB in the next billing cycle, which was two weeks out. She did credit my account $15 for the current billing cycle, which is how much it would cost me if I were to go 1 GB over my current allowance.

14. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I edged up, the data didn't show up so I called them, they said it would when I activated my new phone if I ever get it. I pointed out that it expired in 2 years from order date and I was 2 months from even getting a 6+, she agreed and added it while I was on the phone. Was a matter of principal for me as we never even go over 1gb in a month.

15. ama0219 macrumors member

We ordered an iPhone 6 and a iPhone 6 plus. We paid full price for both. As soon as they were activated, our 2gb of extra data showed up on my Verizon. I mean immediately. We still have a year left on our contract.