Verizon Mobile Hotspot Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rlav, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rlav macrumors member

I have a CDMA iPhone 4, I have WiFi at school, at home, and most other places I would be, so tethering is not usually something that interests me. However, I am going away for a week or so and had a few questions about the mobile hotspot.

1) Is this something that you can add and drop at will, or once added is it stuck on the contract?
    2) If I add it and drop it a week later, will they pro-rate the cost of it, or do I have to pay the whole $20?

I know I can JB to do this for free, but to be honest MyFi and maybe a new messaging apps are the only two things on Cydia and not in the app store that really interest me. I don't feel like it's worth JBing to use MyFi for a week.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It takes all of 5 minutes to do. Spend 5 min jailbreaking or spend 20 bucks? I'd jailbreak.

3. duck33 macrumors regular

Really, only 2 apps you can find in Cydia? I'd JB it. I know that's not the answer your looking for.

Take a look at my apps I've installed from Cydia. You might change your mind.

Attached Files:

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its your choice.
    If you dont want to JB then pay up.
    Call up customer service and find out details about tethering but Im pretty sure its prorated and you can add and remove at any time.

6. rlav thread starter macrumors member

I guess I will take another look at the JB, I will probably also give Verizon a call and see what they say about pro-rating.

Is GreenPois0n the best JB to look at or do you all recommend looking at something else?

I guess my main problem with the JB is the fact that I can't update the software as frequently, and I have to wait for a 3rd party which means I don't really know what I am getting. But I guess if I have problems I can just do a restore.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Greenpoison is the easiest method for 4.2.6