Verizon Monthly Payments?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nacket, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Nacket macrumors member

Nacket

I was looking at the Apple website for the pricing of the iPhone 6 in anticipation of the 6S and I don't see an option to buy it with month-to-month payments and instead only in a two-year contract format, does this mean that I'll have to order my 6S through Verizon directly? :(

And does anyone care to weigh in on how order directly from Verizon has influenced the shipping times of iPhones?

2. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

I can speak on the ordering from Verizon. I've done it for the past 3 years and haven't had a problem. I've always pre-ordered when first possible and received the phones on release day. I actually prefer it to ordering from Apple, since it gives me more options.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Much depends on how many iPhones Verizon has to sell. My bet is on Apple to have the most phones!

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Verizon updated their plans so only existing contract customers can still receive subsidies on devices once an upgrade is available. If you move over to their brand new cellular plans then you are ineligible to receive subsidies and must purchase at full price.

5. willmtaylor, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I also cannot speak to why Apple.com doesn't have contract-free monthly installment payments. Perhaps, once you out in your mobile information, it will detect that you're a current customer and give you the contract options? Maybe chat with an Apple sales rep online?

Also, I have ordered on VZW.com and received phones on day 1.

6. willmtaylor, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

That's correct, but sounds misleading. For returning customers, New Verizon plan IS paying full price but with the price of the phone (divided by 24 equal payments) being added onto the bill. This is an obvious option on VZW.com but not Apple.com.

image.png

7. koulmj macrumors 6502

koulmj

my Verizon store only has options now that are basically paying for the phone full price over 24 months(about 25-29 dollars) and a $55 start up fee, and then getting a CHEAPER by the month plan, so I'm paying more for the phone(instead of paying for just 299 and being locked in), but i'm paying for less in my digital plan. plans are listed here, http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/cell-phone-plans/

I did the math and found out that over two years, I was saving 12 dollars...not a huge deal, but the first bill looks HUGE because of the $55 start up, AND they told me that all of the plans clearly have GB limits, so I will be killing my Unlimited Data plan.

This link says that you can keep your current 2-year plan, or renew, and at the bottom says you can upgrade your device, but I think if you keep your two year plan you pay for the phone upfront(649 for a iPhone 6 right now), http://www.verizonwireless.com/news...d-data-choices-match-customer-lifestyles.html

I hope people don't have a problem with the links, I'm only trying to help spread what the customer service guy told me a few days ago. if the links are a problem, I apologize.

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Why not sell your unlimited plan for $500 to $600 ? There are always loop holes to get new phones so you don't have to give up unlimited data and you would be a fool to give it up