Verizon More Everything Free 1GB Data - There is a catch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by griz, Sep 29, 2014.

1. griz macrumors 6502a

For anyone buying a new phone who is not currently on the more everything plan, there is a catch to getting the 1GB promotion for each device activated.
    You must be on the more everything plan at the time of activation for the 1GB to be added to the account automatically. I am currently on hold with Verizon trying to get this resolved since I upgraded two phones to iPhone 6's and just a week after changed plans. Not only did I not get the 1GB added for each phone but they put me on the 2GB plan instead of the 1GB plan like I asked.
    Hopefully they will resolve this in a manner I am pleased with.
    They had to submit a request form to make the change retroactively so I will know in a couple of days how it goes.

Hope this helps someone else avoid this issue.

-Scott

2. griz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Issue was finally resolved after a few calls back to follow up. The request was rejected at one point and the CSR I spoke with had to resubmit it. She seemed very sure it should have been approved as it was obvious that I was within my right to claim the extra data. Turns out the previous CSR submitted it "incorrectly" according to the new CSR.
    So anyone having trouble with this, keep at it. Follow up every 4 or 5 days and make sure they are staying on it. They will get it fixed. I'm sure they really hope people will give up. But don't, you deserve the data they offered.