Verizon moved up my upgrade after I paid full price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronm99, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ronm99 macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered an iPhone 6+ at full price since I was 13 months away from getting an upgrade. I was surprised when I looked at my account and saw that Verizon had moved up my upgrade eligibility to now! :D

Since I pay the same monthly price either way, I would obviously prefer to pay $450 less.

Do you think that I would be able to return the phone (the box is still unopened) and buy it back at the discounted price? Or would I need to return the phone and order from Apple and wait 3-4 weeks to get the new phone?

I guess I will try to stop by a Verizon store tomorrow to see what I can do. It is very difficult to not open the box now, but I would really like to get the $450 discount!

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

13 Months ???

3. ronm99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I couldn't believe it either ... I wonder if it was a mistake :) I should take advantage of it quickly!

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well, if you have the money, you might want to order it now and put your plus on eBay or Craigslist and maybe make enough to cover your upgrade cost since they're hard to find right now.

5. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Or if you are on the More everything plan with 10 GB data, you can just ask them to apply the $25/month credit to your line...