Verizon moved up my upgrade date 3 Mos!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mackingit, Sep 10, 2014.

1. mackingit macrumors member

Unfortunately for me my upgrade date with Verizon was after xmas. Which sucks if you want to upgrade now.

I call Verizon and they initially offer the edge early plan which would entail me paying for the full price of the phone over 20 months. i quickly shot down this idea because in 3 mos my upgrade would come through. $700 now vs free in 3 mod?? cmon big Red....

It wouldve been cheaper for me to cancel my service(single line 60 a month) at a $75 cancellation fee. Hek it wouldve been cheaper for me to have two lines until then. $700 vs the increased cost of an extra line???? um no brainer.

The lady would not budge on the upgrade date and she said she would have someone review my account and look into giving me a discount on the early edge plan. I ended the call there as I had to go back to work.

So on my second attempt talking with a Verizon rep about my upgrade date being late December and me obviously wanting my iPhone on Friday, I pulled out the big guns.

I for one said that I am happy with Verizon but that because

1. They changed their early upgrade policy (18mos and now its a full 24) mid contract I would consider canceling my service and shopping around on Friday for the best deal

2. I told them it made no sense for them to charge me full price when the ET fee was only $75. common sense would tell you that I can cancel my plan with verizon and sign up tomorrow and get a free iPhone 6. Or worse sign with ATT.

Why would they risk me leaving when I am still willing to sign a two year contract on the spot? and even willing to pay a $75 premium???

So eventually the guy offered to move my upgrade date to friday and even offered to call me back to take my personalized order! Not only that I still get the $200 gift card so my 6+ 64Gb will be 200 cheaper!

I have to say Verizon has impressed me. I have Fios the customer service is great. And now I am loving Verizon wireless too.

keep trying guys

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Verizon has impressed you by their willingness to succumb to your whiny tantrum?

3. mackingit thread starter macrumors member

Never underestimate the power of the wallet. Should I just rollover and let them charge me what ever they please??

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

It's just silly that they've impressed you by giving in to your whining as opposed to perhaps impressing you by giving you the early upgrade from the get go sans the threats.

5. leftofseinfeld macrumors newbie

Glad I saw this, going to try it tomorrow morning. My current upgrade date is 11/24/14.

If they deny me I guess Ill wait until the next release.

6. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

What number did you call? I am going to try this, as my upgrade isn't due until December.

7. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

What $200 gift card? for signing up?

8. starlight0229 macrumors member

The $200 gift card for trading in any working iPhone 4 or newer.

9. oplix Suspended

oplix

10. mackingit thread starter macrumors member

I called *611.

I'm still nervous because they said the upgrade would happen at midnight ET tonight. And I've called and confirmed with multiple people already.

However I still see my upgrade online as December. So i'm hoping I don't have to call in for a manual override.