Verizon new iPad signal issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djmodifyd, Mar 26, 2012.

1. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I am in a solid 3G/LTE area, and my new iPad will only show at most 4 bars of signal. Usually between 2 and 3 bars. I have seen a full 5 bars once when I was outside. Just sitting in my house it will constantly go from one to 4 bars back and fourth.

I went too the genius bar and they said its getting signal so it's working fine.

I've tried a full restore, with no luck

Any tips?

2. DctrJ macrumors member

Having the same problem with mine on AT&T. At times, my iPad won't connect but my iPhone 4 connects with no problem. It never shows as many bars as my iphone. A few people have discussed this on the apple forums. I hate to return mine because everything else is perfect.

3. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

Well, as a test I put the AT&T Sim card from my iPhone into my iPad and I got full bars of 4G, so maybe I just have bad Verizon service in my area even though the online map shows it would be good coverage?

Maybe I'll try to swing by a Verizon store and compare the signal on my iPad to the iPads on display there?

4. amberashby macrumors 6502

I have same issue

My iPad 2 AT&T in the same exact location got 3 bars and decent throughput. My new iPad gets 1 bar and crappy or nonexistant throughput. Hope this is something they can fix with an update, but I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue.

Works fine when the signal is super strong.

5. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I took mine to the apple store again. The genius looked at it and agreed with me and swapped it out.

This one seems a little better but not much. I'll give it some time

6. iCrosoft macrumors regular

iCrosoft