Verizon New Line + ETF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D!ma, Sep 15, 2014.

1. D!ma macrumors newbie

I've looked at "verizon iphone/plan related questions" thread and other places and couldn't find a clear answer..

Since currently there is no official option to buy 6/6+ off contract for Verizon, can I buy one on a new line $400 (64gb +) then cancel the same or next day and pay ETF of 350 so it becomes as if I bought it full price off contract?
    $400+$350+act.fee+part.usage= ~$800 (before tax)

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

If you cancel within the 14 day return policy you will be required to return the phone. No etf is paid unless you cancel outside the 14 days. Then I believe you can do what you are saying but you will also likely have to factor in service charges etc

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

+1 on the minimum 14 day wait. and don't forget the upgrade fee.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

This exactly. Every year someone tries to do this and every year this is the answer.

5. nox5 macrumors 6502

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement
    WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

6. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

This is exactly what I'm doing.

7. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Same here.

8. seebee3 macrumors newbie

Unless you are in one of the states that mandates the tax on the unsubsidized price be charged (California and one other, I think), that savings is around $35-40. That could wipe out any activation/upgrade fee.

9. D!ma thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, forgot about 14days, but good to know this option would still work.

----------

Good, I didn't realize it at the time of pre-order, so I got T-Mobile version just to try out +size (and possibly switch from Verizon's unlimited), but I've also read some ppl are planning to exchange their t-mo version to Verizon version at the store without creating a new Verizon account.