Carrier Verizon New York City

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traderalways, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Traderalways macrumors member

thinking about switching all my lines to att because voice seems so much clearer on Att... Anyone else feel the same way??

2. FooArk macrumors 6502

I switched from AT&T to join Verizon in NYC. Cant speak much for phone call quality, but signal and internet speeds have greatly improved.

3. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

I guess you never make any calls?? lol.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

i have a Galaxy S6 on Verizon and the call quality is pretty bad lately. my old S3 I used to have to hold it the right way to get a clear voice signal but with the S6 it hasn't improved very much. Got the 6S for myself on AT&T and it's crystal clear

5. ANYC9, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015

ANYC9 macrumors newbie

i have both AT&T for my Personal phone and Verizon for my work phone and let me tell you Verizon is very over rated in NEW YORK AT&T is always on LTE pretty much while Verizon is on LTE half of the time and most of the time is on X1 and 3G plus the speeds i get on AT&T are alot faster in New York compared to Verizon.

Verzion coverage of LTE in westchester County is very poor but AT&T no matter where i travel in New York is Very solid it holds LTE pretty much all the time.

Verzion i don't care about the speed that much but i care about having LTE all the time since its my work phone i travel all over New york, so Verzion if you listening you need to work on your LTE coverage in NEW YORK and specially westchester County to many 3g 1x spots

I have an iphone 6s plus on both Verzion and AT&T same phone

Attached Files:

6. Nelliebee macrumors member

Nelliebee

I used to have AT&T. I work in Greenwich Village and I rarely got service. I would walk into DSW in Union Square and have no service, go to my favorite restaurant for lunch with colleagues, again no service. By no service I mean no phone calls, text or data. I was using an iphone 4 and then 4s at the time if that makes a difference.

Since switching to verizon I always seem to have service and my phone is almost always on LTE with the exception of when I am on the subway.

7. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

well AT&T has got lot stronger since then plus you had a very old phone iphone 4 back then

8. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input! Do you carry around both 6s+'s every day?? Lol. So basically if it wasn't for work you would be very happy with att for personal use??

9. ANYC9, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015

ANYC9 macrumors newbie

i'm very happy with att for personal use but i wish At&T data was fully unlimited like Verizon as they say you can't have everything you want with 1 carrier ect LOL

i carry both iphone 6s plus to work the att in my pocket and the Verizon one in my hand since its for work so i have to stay with both. i have no choose :( to carry both iphone 6s plus is a pain they both heavy and big. so Verzion listening and care if you want to help me get rid of my personal phone work on fixing your LTE coverage in NYC specially westchester County

get rid of the 1x and 3g hate them unusable at all

hopefully Verzion see my post and helps me get rid of my at&t iphone 6s plus soon

the only PROs at the moment with my verzion iphone 6s plus is the unlimited data :p

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I can confirm that Verizon coverage in Westchester county is very spotty. I switched to AT&T a few years ago and the coverage is excellent. My coworkers all say the same thing about Verizon. This is not going to change anytime soon....

11. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

Thank you for confirming i'm not the only one experiencing this issue. i feel the same This is not going to change anytime soon i called many times and Verizon didn't do anything about it but hopefully Verizon does something about this in the future. they have large number of customers in Westchester county.

12. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

In my opinion, if you live anywhere in the New York metro area (including Long Island, Westchester, Fairfield and New Haven counties, North Jersey) it makes no sense not to switch to T-Mobile unless you travel a lot. Unlimited data, much more reasonable prices, without the BS Verizon always seems to give.

Also, Verizon you won't have and probably will never get Wi-Fi calling.

13. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

This is good to know. I am so fed up with AT&T. I have no LTE service at home in Westchester County. They said that there are two severely degraded towers so I have to use 4G. And, of course, they brought up wifi calling. I was considering switching just for this reason because the problem won't be fixed until the end of this month. Thought Verizon had better service.

14. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Give T-Mobile a try. Make sure you use a 6S, as it's a Band 12 phone. See how you feel about them.

15. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

What about in Manhattan?? I feel that att voice quality is much better than Verizon right now.

16. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

if you have 4g with AT&T in your home its decent and fast enough even its not LTE, because with Verizon it will likely be a 3g or x1 and a page takes half hour to load if not more. but you could find a friend or someone close that lives by you and test Verzion in your home to see if you get LTE in your home before you switch.

17. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

usually when i travel to Manhattan i find AT&T with voice quality crystal clear and Verizon up and down sometimes its great and sometime its poor where i would have to repeat the words over when i'm having a conversion over the phone maybe its due to the upgrades Verizon is doing in Manhattan at the moment but after they done with the upgrades we can tell for sure.

18. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I think I'm just going to add a line with att and try to carry both. Lol.

19. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

yea LOL this the best way to test both networks and then maybe later you can choose one to stick to. you will be just like me carrying two phones :D

20. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

I have 6 already for Verizon so I will just add 6s for att. Lol. Much lighter than carrying 2 6S+'s.

21. ANYC9 macrumors newbie

Good idea :D