Verizon not shipping iPhone until the 10th!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mr.s4ndm4n, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mr.s4ndm4n macrumors newbie

So I had a chat convo with a Verizon rep. Check out what 'Andreana said in the chat..... (see attached image)

Attached Files:

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It's probably Verizon person did not know what he was talking about. However, I would advise you to buy apple products from apple especially iphone.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I bet you could chat with 5 reps and get slightly different answers from each. Their FAQ says it will arrive by the 10th.

Omg after reading that chat that woman seems clueless. She says "the Apple phone is not the verizon phone". What?!

4. agarcia34 macrumors member

Why would you even attempt to believe anything a Verizon rep says.

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Give it a rest already. You are hours away from ordering the phone. You can't even order it and you're already complaining about something that doesn't even exist.

Go order your phone, live your life until it arrives and then live your life afterward. Jeesh. :rolleyes:

6. BriChi macrumors 6502

And I would think ordering from verizon would be better being that apple has to communicate with verizon during the preorder, just go right to verizon. What's the differemce if verizon ships ,y iPhone or apple, it's still coming from apple either way.

7. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

The official FAQ says "on or before the 10th." I'd take that over a few CS reps. I've had a few tell me it'll be delivered after the 10th and a few say it may come a day or two early.

8. mr.s4ndm4n thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I just figured she was completely clueless; and now i'm leaning towards buying from Apple anyway.

Okay, that makes more since, though i haven't seen their FAQ. My point is just that WHY IN THE H3LL would Verizon let Apple serve their immediate customers better than Verizon themselves. It just doesn't seem like it would be a good move on their part.

My point, though i see now that it wasn't clear, was to prove just how DUMB Verizon Reps really are; And to see if anyone else had received any other ridiculous responses from Verizon.

9. Pomeless macrumors regular

Poor lady looks like she was doing multiple chats! She's probably stressed to the max with questions. Some intelligent and some not so...

10. mr.s4ndm4n thread starter macrumors newbie

HAHA, someone is a little uptight tonight? (You not getting an iPhone?)

I'm just making conversation here, im not complaining in the slightest; More confused than anything.

11. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

Just buy it from Apple online and you may get 2 for the price of 1..

12. zenio macrumors 6502

As I sit here with my (still) gleaming new iPhone 4, I received one full day before the official launch thanks to AT&T, I say don't sweat it :)

13. Jack105 macrumors member

Yeah I had a rep tell me today he couldn't bump my upgrade 2 days to the tenth because Apple is the one who sets the upgrade date. I was like WTF!? You're kidding right? Guy clearly doesn't know up from down.

14. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Verizon reps are often times clueless. Disregard everything she said.

15. mr.s4ndm4n thread starter macrumors newbie

16. leetlamer macrumors member

He's saying that the official word is that they will be delivered by (not shipped by) the 10th.

17. macjunkie33 macrumors member

Hey guys is my iPhone going to get here before your iPhone? Is there a blizzard on the east coast? Is Fed Ex delayed tomorrow? When do I get my phone if I live in Hawaii? I need to know when my iPhone is going to ship? What if I'm at work when it is delivered?

I have an AWESOME idea lets ask a Verizon employee when MY iPhone is going to get delivered and then post about it on a website. Order your phone, go to bed, and track it online and obsess about it publicly for 7-10 days. Maybe start a thread called I ORDERED ONLINE WHENS MY IPHONE GONNA GET HERE?

Don't get me wrong, we might be called stupid for staying up for a release of a 7 month old phone but lets not get carried away with some of these ridiculous questions. In a week we will have our phones and won't have to leave our houses. This is why we are pre-ordering and losing sleep over this. To avoid the herd of drooling iPhone zombies on the 10th.

18. trizzil macrumors regular

trizzil

on or before Feb 10th.. you never know.. they'll probably send it to us early for pre orders..

19. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I'm sure Verizon will want to get a good number to customers before the 10th, so less phones will be activating the same time on the 10th.

20. zenio macrumors 6502

Not going to happen. Sounds good though :)

21. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Apple's site states that it will arrive on or before the 10th.