Verizon offering special unlimited data plans.. iPhone test?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brayhite, Nov 6, 2010.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

See article: http://mashable.com/2010/11/06/verizon-unlimited-plan/

Interesting, if you ask me. Even though it's only to those who received the email, I'm sure it's a test to see if their network will thrive under heavy data usage or if word of mouth will drive people to Verizon requesting the service. Or possibly just to keep the smartphone users on Verizon cause the iPhone won't be out come January.

Any other opinions?

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Sucks being limited on things.

I'd rather pay a little extra for unlimited.

AT&T made a bad move.

3. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

I would think it would be more likely to keep customers away from an iPhone and on the Verizon network. If this is their ammo, it isn't enough to entice me away from an iPhone.

4. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well one argument is now that Verizon is offering an unlimited data plan for cheap, that AT&T will have to compete and offer one as well. One can only hope.

5. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Verizon and iPhone.

I wonder why I hate those words so much when said together.....

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

^ It will be good for everyone. People who love VZW get the network they want and Android looses it's exclusivity to VZW customers. It also loosens the network strain that AT&T has due to the iPhone.

Yeah, I just got off the phone trying to lure AT&T into offering me a match... no deal. :(

It's a good price but not as good as Sprint's. $70 for Unlimited everything is much better.

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

My take on this is that there wont be a Verizon iPhone.

Now carry on...

8. Muad'Dib, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

Makes no sense, Verizon already had unlimited data plans. This plan is just cheaper and includes unlimited text. And they already have Droids averaging more data usage than iPhones. This will do nothing to change/test the current network. If Verizon wants to load test the exiting network, they have tools that can do that.

Edit: I think everyone missed the OPs point. I know I did when I first read it. So yeah, this is not a way to "load test" the network before the arriveal of the iPhone.