Verizon or AT&T for cellular service???

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Newipaduser1234, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Newipaduser1234 macrumors newbie

How is the Verizon cellular service for the iPad in tall buildings? Especially in lower manhattan??? I work on the 14th floor in lower manhattan and my iPad 3 with AT&T cellular service is horrible! Only one to two bars; three if I'm lucky - and that is ony on 4g! If I turn on the lte, I only get one bar!

Thinking of trading in my current att iPad for the Verizon iPad so any advice you have would be great, thanks.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Can't say, it really depends on location. I work in a tall building midtown, and my AT&T iPhone 5 gets steady LTE reception while my Verizon iPad often falls back to 3G. But I've been in other places within Manhattan where the situation is reversed. You'd need someone to bring a Verizon phone or tablet into your building to know how it compares to AT&T.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Not sure there. But with your current service, download Mark The Spot App and have a blast reporting several times a day, and rally some other people in the area to do the same. AT&T will improve if they get enough feedback there.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Verizon is vastly superior to At&t for nationwide 4G LTE buildout. At&t is better than Verizon when it comes to pricing. I believe you can still do PAYG with an At&t iPad and only pay when you need it whereas VZW wants to stick you with a contract. Perhaps that's not the case. Perhaps both allow you to PAYG for iPad data but there's another difference. If you want to add your iPad to a plan, VZW requires you to use their overly expensive shared data plan while At&t still offers more modestly priced data plans.

There was a map comparing Verizon, At&t and Sprint LTE buildout on CNN. It was pretty pathetic. VZW had about 2,000 dots. At&t had about 75 dots and Sprint had about 15 dots. Yeah, it was that stark of a contrast.

5. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

Verizon LTE coverage is superior. as far as speed is concerned, i can't speak for AT&T but below is a screen shot of my Verizon LTE vs Verizon FiOS speed

Attached Files: