Verizon or major carrier employee accounts.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memphismeal, Sep 14, 2015.

1. memphismeal macrumors newbie

memphismeal

Anyone on a Verizon (like me), or a major carrier employee account try to pre order a iPhone 6s? The system won't allow you to, even if your trying to buy outright in my case. This error message keeps appearing. Anyone know a way around this?

Attached Files:

2. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I have an employee account through verizon and yes, it won't let you pre-order it. The only way to order a phone directly on your concession line is by calling the concession department and obviously the phone won't be available yet (it usually takes a month or two before new phones become available for us). So what I did was to pre-order it by opening a brand new Verizon account and paid the full retail price. Once the phone arrives I will be calling verizon and canceling the Verizon Service on that new account and then calling the concession team to put that new phone on my employee account. Thats it.

3. memphismeal thread starter macrumors newbie

memphismeal

What about buying the "contract free" T-Mobile iPhone and dropping your sim in? Or will Apple sell me a iPhone outright if I stand in line on launch day?

4. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

You can buy the T-mobile version as long as you have a nano SIM already activated it should work, if not, Verizon will give you a hard time activating it. I have an iphone 4 right now cuz I sold my iPhone 6 a couple weeks ago, so I opted for purchasing the Verizon version. Another option would be going to the actual apple store, they will allow you to purchase one outright.

I decided to open a new account only because I rather have a Verizon iPhone instead of the T-mobile. Also because I live like 2 hours away from the nearest apple store, so I rather just wait for it to get here while in the confort of my home.

5. memphismeal thread starter macrumors newbie

memphismeal

Thanks for the info. I've been getting so many conflicting answers. I have a live Verizon sim with Verizon service. I'm on a family plan under a employee and it's always hell to get new phones. I just didn't know if the purchase system was the same as the pre order system. A Apple Store employee told me that they still wouldn't sell me one outright for Verizon. I stay close to a Apple Store. Didn't want to waste my time standing in line and still not get a phone.

6. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Just don't mention your employee account because it will get them all confused. You could even set a reservation appointment and when you're there just tell them u want to purchase it outright. you don't even have to activate it or if you rather not wait in line just open a customer account like I did and have it delivered, it won't affect your employee account at all. I did this same process last year. Just don't bring up your employee account because a lot of people don't know how it works so they make up excuses not to sell you a phone.

7. Havok83 macrumors regular

I have Sprint with 18% discount and was able to preorder fine

8. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

You were able to do it because you have a customer account, you just get an employee discount of 18%. Our accounts are a little bit different since they're not customer accounts, but concession lines.

9. Epyon790 macrumors member

I am an AT&T employee, and last year I wasn't able to order from Apple. However, this year was different, I managed to order one phone via Apple, and one via AT&T.

Maybe its a Verizon thing?